I travel quite a bit for work and I have noticed that my Pearl does not adjust the time based on the timezone where I am working. Is this a setting or am I just missing something?
    07-11-08 03:29 PM
    You have to manually adjust it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 03:36 PM
    It is programmed that way to keep the appointments you set in the calendar straight.

Here is a good explaination of the reason it is that way by JeffH:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...e-zones-46190/
    Last edited by tyroni; 07-11-08 at 03:41 PM. Reason: add link
    07-11-08 03:38 PM
    So - if I manually adjust the time, what does it do to my calendar? For instance, I have a meeting with a client in the Central TZ at 10am central, which is 11am eastern. I scheduled the meeting while in the eastern TZ - so my calendar refelects 11am. Once I travel to the central destination and I change my time manually - does the calendar indicate that the meeting is now at 10am?

Thanks for your help...
    07-11-08 03:43 PM
    So - if I manually adjust the time, what does it do to my calendar? For instance, I have a meeting with a client in the Central TZ at 10am central, which is 11am eastern. I scheduled the meeting while in the eastern TZ - so my calendar refelects 11am. Once I travel to the central destination and I change my time manually - does the calendar indicate that the meeting is now at 10am?

Thanks for your help...
    Yes, when you change your time zone to Central, the Blackberry will now show your meeting at 10:00 am Central.

Regardless of what time zone you are in when you enter the meeting on the calendar, select the time zone where the meeting will occur. So when you're in the Eastern Time Zone, with the BB TZ set to ET, and you put the meeting on your calendar for 10:00 am CT, and save the meeting, it will show up on your BB as 11:00 ET. When you change the BB TZ to CT, the meeting will correctly show 10:00 CT.
    07-13-08 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD