I was just playing around with my phone and i turned the wifi on. Once i did this, my phone shut down. (it did what it does when you take the battery out when the phone is off. A red light came on and the screen turned black, then the hour glass came on.) So my phone starts to load, and once it gets to "verifying security software" the bar will load and at about 85% it will do the exact same thing over and over again. I can see that when it gets to the main screen, the wifi is still on. Im thinking if theres only a way to turn it off it will be okay, but i dont have time to do anything since it restarts almost right away! please help me :[

i tried taking the batter out and it didnt seem to help.
    11-27-08 05:14 PM
    This happened to me when I got my new 8120. I posted a similar plea for help and someone replied and said to do a search in the forums for a bricked berry. I had to re-install the OS. There are some good how-to's on this site and it wasn't too difficult. After I did that the problem still existed, however. Not sure how I figured this out but I removed the micro SD card and problem solved. I have two cards and when I put either one in it goes into a constant re-boot cycle. Haven't got past that problem but witht he card removed it works fine.

Hope this helps!
    11-27-08 05:59 PM
    I had this problem when I had a pearl and contributed it to low memory or a jacked up memory card. I had a friend that had the same problem and his memory card was causing a lot of the problem
    11-27-08 06:06 PM
    This happened to me when I got my new 8120. I posted a similar plea for help and someone replied and said to do a search in the forums for a bricked berry. I had to re-install the OS. There are some good how-to's on this site and it wasn't too difficult. After I did that the problem still existed, however. Not sure how I figured this out but I removed the micro SD card and problem solved. I have two cards and when I put either one in it goes into a constant re-boot cycle. Haven't got past that problem but witht he card removed it works fine.

Hope this helps!
    well i removed the micro sd card but same thing can anyone else suggest anything?

thanks for the suggestion..im going to keep the memory card out for a while and see if that helps
    11-27-08 06:19 PM
    i also cant even re install the OS because it keeps turning off and wont connect :[
    11-27-08 07:04 PM
    Try this link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:35 PM
    this happens to me everytime i insert my SD card but once i remove the SD card from the phone, the phone is perfectly fine. i had just recently installed OS 4.5 from 4.2 and now i want my 4.2 back because this is what i believe caused it. someone please help me asap. thanks
    01-24-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD