So my kids are screaming, my wife is calling and I am pulling up to a friends house... As I pull up I tell the kids to stop yelling tell my wife goodbye and sit my phone on my lap. I turn the car off and get out of the car, My phone falls off my lap into a puddle of water. I didnt notice a first as I am looking for my phone I look down and the background light is on while it's under the water, my heart dropped and I thought how am I going to live without my blackberry. I pull the phone out and take the battery out of the phone let it sit in the sun for a couple house and I put the battery back in, my prayers worked obviously because the phone is working fine after taking a swim.

I am convinced that my blackberry is bullet proof, I was wondering was I just lucky or have any others drown their phones.
    08-24-08 03:21 PM
    Awsome! You're very lucky!
    08-24-08 03:23 PM
    toledo ohio huh I am origionally from cincinnati,ohio ( but now live in indianapolis ) go Buckeye's
    08-24-08 03:24 PM
    Thats great!! I'm glad it still works
    08-24-08 03:39 PM
    I am glad it works to, I do not know if I could function in day to day life without one, I was almost to the point of going back to the treo... glad I didnt have to do that
    08-24-08 03:43 PM
    Great that your BB is still working. A waterproof Blackberry, wow !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 03:46 PM
    Wow, you were lucky. I had a similar incident and was lucky like you. I would hate for either of us to have to go back to the Treo. That is one crappy device! LOL
    08-24-08 03:48 PM
    you are very lucky
    08-24-08 03:48 PM
    I had an 8100 that fell off a patio into a pool, and it was in there for about 5 minutes before I got down to the pool and got it out and it worked fine. And then about a month later I ran over it with my SUV. It didn't survive that.
    08-24-08 05:26 PM
    maybe not bullet proof or suv proof but definetly water proof haha
    08-24-08 05:35 PM
    08-24-08 05:45 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised that's all the time it took to dry out, personally I would let it sit for a day or two min. Any moisture left behind could cause a short, and unless your in a super dry climate, it should take more than a few hours to dry all moisture out of it. Then again, you could just be lucky.

08-24-08 07:05 PM
    Verrrrryyyyyyy lucky lol

08-24-08 07:12 PM
    Very very lucky! Glad to hear you wont lose your BB.

Kos
    08-24-08 07:13 PM
    That's pretty awesome! U have a diverberry lol!
    Last edited by Aqua18; 08-24-08 at 07:52 PM. Reason: i messed up
    08-24-08 07:48 PM
    Wow! Sounds like you got lucky? I have yet to drop my blackberry! Knock on wood!

08-25-08 03:38 PM
    You better play the lotto this week
    08-25-08 04:29 PM
    You are very lucky, I had a similar story, except I didn't pick it up from the bowl when it fell. I kid I kid, LOL
    08-25-08 04:34 PM
    You are very lucky, I had a similar story, except I didn't pick it up from the bowl when it fell. I kid I kid, LOL
    ROFL! I always grab my pocket where my phone is whenever I go near a bowl. Its just an ingrown fear from hearing so many others having it happen to them.

Kos
    08-25-08 04:39 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised that's all the time it took to dry out, personally I would let it sit for a day or two min. Any moisture left behind could cause a short, and unless your in a super dry climate, it should take more than a few hours to dry all moisture out of it. Then again, you could just be lucky.

i was at a party on night and my berry fell outta the pocket on my hoodie into the toilet! i was just getting ready to leave so when i got home i took the battery out and threw the phone and battery in a bag of rice for 4 or 5 hours! which is the best thing you could do if it gets wet throw it in a bad or box of rice and let the rice suck up all the moisture! has worked for me several times.( ive dropped alot of phones in toilets or sinks but that was and hopefully will be the only time i drop my berry in water)!!!
    08-25-08 04:43 PM
    Wow!!! That's so lucky!!! I'm glad it still works!

pltaylor - too funny!!!!!

And I know what you were doing when you dropped it too - gotta stay focused boo.
    08-25-08 04:44 PM
    Wow, I can't believe it still works. I'm so accident prone I've got the Otterbox for it. 98% waterproof and you can throw it against a brick wall and it doesn't phase it (Friend of mine did it to his)!!
    08-25-08 04:59 PM
    but me a Pearl thing cuz i droped my curve in the washing machine and had to get another one... it totaly sucked and i had to use my old sidekick for 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!! total nightmare!
    08-25-08 05:01 PM
    i was at a party on night and my berry fell outta the pocket on my hoodie into the toilet! i was just getting ready to leave so when i got home i took the battery out and threw the phone and battery in a bag of rice for 4 or 5 hours! which is the best thing you could do if it gets wet throw it in a bad or box of rice and let the rice suck up all the moisture! has worked for me several times.( ive dropped alot of phones in toilets or sinks but that was and hopefully will be the only time i drop my berry in water)!!!
    Hope you didn't eat the rice after that!!!!
    08-25-08 05:05 PM
    My otterbox will probably end up saving my Berry. My old 8120 took a fair bit of abuse, the trackball failed. My new one is in a yellow otterbox and I tell my friends (soome of which aren't the most intelligent) that it's the JCBlackBerry. They all think it's like the JCB phone
    08-25-08 05:31 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD