Why is it that the hour glass comes up literally every 3 seconds and lasts for a couple of seconds? This is so annoying as it interferes with scrolling and typing and it just lags!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 02:04 PM
    The hour glass means an high priority task is being preformed, the most common is memory recovery.

First step, pull and replace your battery. If that cures the problem, you can optimize your memory so it does not happen again.

If the problem persisists, you need to look at installed applications. Something may be hogging the priority and slowing you down.
    03-07-09 02:10 PM
    This never happened before of the 6 months I've had my phone. I am looking at my Pearl screen as I write this and the hour glass is popping up now every second. Pops up then goes away, pops up then goes away. This is a continous cycle and never stops. I've done a soft reset, pulled the battery while the phone is one and it still happens. My memory is at 19mb and usually is at 19mm all the time. I have the Kickstart theme installed so I went back to the BB Dimensions Zen theme but that didn't sove it either. I've cleaned out most of my emails and texts as well. I did install Slacker radio a couple of weeks ago but I don't think that was it as I since have remove it.....still happens. I don't have many apps on my phone (I have Face Book, Tell Me Vib and Ring, one plazmic theme and a few app launchers). I'm going to remove Face Book and restart the phone. I'll post back in a few.
    03-07-09 03:44 PM
    Ok, so I removed Face Book and let the phone restart. When the phone came back on something weird happened.....I received 15 emails most of them from a couple of days ago and yesterday. I wonder if that had something to do with it as the problem seems to have vanished so far. Then again, maybe it was face book, I don't know.....I did get a few FB comments pushed to my email which never happened when FB was installed. Any ideas? In the options menu in Face Book on your Blackberry, there is a check box for 'Leave email notification messages on mail server', what does this mean exactly? My wife had it unchecked on her Curve.....her phone works fine by the way. I don't remember if I had this box checked on mine. So far no hour glass since the removal of FB and a restart.....been 10 minutes.
    03-07-09 03:55 PM
    I would recommend a handset wipe. Back everthing up then just start from scratch. That might help because I had the same thing happen to my 8130 and that fixed it.

03-07-09 05:43 PM
    So far after the removal of face book the hour glass is gone. I don't think I need to wipe the phone. I'm going to install face book again and see what happens.

03-07-09 07:24 PM
    The very best thing to do is just get another blackberry, not a pearl, but a REAL blackberry like any other one but that one. Seriously.
    03-07-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD