even though i have a media card , and i set it to mass storage enable .. help ! BTW my BB Os is 4.5.0.124
    02-09-09 08:40 PM
    Here are four questions:

- Did it already work, before ?
    - Have you tried to plug it to another USB port on your computer ?
    - Can you hear MSWindows specific "new device detected" sound when you plug it ?
    - Are you asked whether you want to use your BB as mass storage device when you plug it ?

There can be a lot of problems preventing your BB being used as an external storage device...
    02-10-09 10:42 AM
    even though i have a media card , and i set it to mass storage enable .. help ! BTW my BB Os is 4.5.0.124
    First of all you need to make sure the phone has MMA turned on,

menu -> settings -> memory on the 4.5 OS.... you should see a setting there to modifiy it so the computer will pick up, the default setting is to prevent the computer and BB from "talking" to each other but you can adjust it very simply...
    02-10-09 11:10 AM
    Mine won't detect it, either. I thought it used to do it, but now it does not. I have tried rebooting, changing the settings, using Desktop manager, using without desktop manager.

I have tried on my work PC and my home Macbook.

I just was hoping to transfer some pictures/ringtones over and now cannot. I wonder if my memory card went bad?

I have the Pearl 8100 with 4.5.0.110 installed.

just tried a new USB port (work PC) and it detected the new hardware but it does not show up as a drive even though the balloon came us listing it as installed and ready for use. Any ideas?
    02-10-09 03:07 PM
    Did you reformat the card after OS upgrade? If you didn't try that. Keep in mind anything on the card will be erased during format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 03:16 PM
    Yes, I did reformat the card, as it said it could not detect it.

Under settings/media card, it shows there is a 3.6 GB card available. I just cannot seem to access it...

A week or two ago I was able to load ringtones onto the phone at work using desktop manager with the media manager. I installed the non media manager (don't want to get into too much trouble with IS) and Icannot do it anymore. That's why i wanted to just load onto my card. I could have used a card reader at home. Or Bluetooth. That isn't working with my macbook, either, but that is another issue!
    02-10-09 04:00 PM
    when you go to my computer does it show up? poss. under "d" drive?!?!?
    02-10-09 04:15 PM
    Here are four questions:

- Did it already work, before ?
    - Have you tried to plug it to another USB port on your computer ?
    - Can you hear MSWindows specific "new device detected" sound when you plug it ?
    - Are you asked whether you want to use your BB as mass storage device when you plug it ?

There can be a lot of problems preventing your BB being used as an external storage device...

it does make the sound but it still din't detect it
    02-10-09 06:26 PM
    when you go to my computer does it show up? poss. under "d" drive?!?!?
    No, it does not.
    02-10-09 09:05 PM
    i have same problem wen i'm pluging the bb on 4 of pc's no new hardware no sounds that i've pluged in nothing just heppening nothing no reactions it's was warking 2 days ago but i don't now why now it's just dont want to working please help me

P.S. sorry for my bad english im georgian
    04-06-09 12:45 AM
    i have same problem wen i'm pluging the bb on 4 of pc's no new hardware no sounds that i've pluged in nothing just heppening nothing no reactions it's was warking 2 days ago but i don't now why now it's just dont want to working please help me

P.S. sorry for my bad english im georgian
    Too cool, I have the utmost respect for your country! Those darn Ruskies need to leave you alone.

Anyways, since it was working up until 2 days ago, and I believe you are saying you've tried on 4 different PC's, let's try a few things.
    First check to be sure mass media mode is still enabled, you never know! Once your sure it's set, pull the battery with the phone on, leave it out for 30 seconds, and replace it. Try connecting it to the PC again.
    Still doesn't work? Look at the pins where the mini USB connects, on the Pearl. You should see 5. If there's only 4, one has broken off. Nothing terribly unusual, all 4 PC's then I'm guessing have had the Pearl connected to it. Delete the port driver, and connect again. It should recognize it, and prompt you to install the driver again.
    If that doesn't work, I presume you have Desktop Manager on one of the PC's. Does that recognize the Pearl and show you it's pin? If it does, then you might have a corrupted OS on your Pearl. Do a reinstallation of your current OS, or upgrade if you don't have the latest:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

I hope one of these things works for you!
    04-06-09 04:33 AM
    I had a similar situation with a quick fix. Enabling mass storage assisted me out as BBW has mentioned. If not, I suggest the other tips he's mentioned as he seems to be quite knowledgeable with respect to the Pearl.

PS... Hope all is well w/ you BBW. I've finally upgraded to a Storm but will always have my @
    Pearl as a reliable back-up.

04-06-09 08:40 AM
    Thanks crown!
    G_d bless

04-06-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD