Hi Blackberry community!

I promise to keep this as concise as possible. I'm having an issue with the myFaves application on my TMo Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 running OS version 4.6.0.180.

1. I am never able to refresh MyFaves from my phone, but I can bring up the carousel by refreshing it from the T-Mobile web site, and the techs can do it as well when I ask them over the phone.

2.When the myFaves carousel is on my home screen, it never populates with the names of my contacts that I have had for a few years now on other myFaves devices. The T-Mobile techs were able to successfully change and refresh my myFaves on another device during testing last night, but not the RIM.

3. Attempting to update myFaves from the Blackberry results in an Uncaught Exception error after about 2 hours. Can't remember the exact terminology of the error screen, but it was something like "Net RIM not ready"

4. When I power the phone off and back on, the myFaves carousel and app icon disappears completely.

This is my second Blackberry Flip. T-Mobile recommended I return the first one because they thought this was a myFaves software glitch. But the same problems are present on the new device. I have upgraded my OS, had a T-Mobile tech send my service books, performed several battery pulls/reboots, and have not installed any third party software on this new phone.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by Dooflicky; 03-10-09 at 02:29 PM.
    03-10-09 01:10 PM
    my only idea is to update to .222 because it also has myfaves and seems to work great, better then the .180
    03-10-09 03:45 PM
    have t-mobile double check the provisioning on the line to make sure myfaves is properly configured on your account.
    03-11-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks, evilp8ntballer7. I'll keep that in mind. But the T-Mobile techs said they were running MyFaves fine on their Pearl Flips under 180 and the previous OS.

bmwfanatic, thanks. I'm pretty sure they did that. They had me take my SIM card out of my Blackberry Flip and put it in my old RAZR that I have not yet recycled. Once I powered it up, Tmobile changed my MyFaves and tried to make their changes show up on my RAZR. It worked fine. I put my SIM card back in my Blackberry and Tmobile still could not get the My Faves to receive my contacts on that phone.

The only thing I can think of is that I do not have a data plan with T Mobile for this device, but I shouldn't need to since MyFaves works on regular cell phones.
    03-11-09 01:34 PM
    bmwfanatic, thanks. I'm pretty sure they did that. They had me take my SIM card out of my Blackberry Flip and put it in my old RAZR that I have not yet recycled. Once I powered it up, Tmobile changed my MyFaves and tried to make their changes show up on my RAZR. It worked fine. I put my SIM card back in my Blackberry and Tmobile still could not get the My Faves to receive my contacts on that phone.

The only thing I can think of is that I do not have a data plan with T Mobile for this device, but I shouldn't need to since MyFaves works on regular cell phones.
    the fact that you don't have a data plan might have something to do with it, but I'm pretty sure T-Mobile has to tell RIM to flag your PIN with the myfaves application, because unlike the RAZR, the blackberry has to download the app over the air and if RIM doesn't get instructions to do so the phone won't get the application. If your phone isn't registered with RIM that would be a good reason that it's not getting the app.
    03-11-09 01:47 PM
    maybe you have to reload the application in the phone.. do an upgrade and reapply the application
    03-11-09 02:04 PM
    bmwfanatic, thank you for the information. I'll talk to TMobile again and see if your suggestion worked.

eleung, the My Faves app loader and cod files are not something T Mobile can give to me. This seemed like a good solution to me too... Just upgrade the OS, get my hands on the app loader file and cod file, and use Desktop manager to put it on my phone. Unfortunately that is not possible because, like bmw said, the software comes over the air.

Thanks for all your help!
    03-12-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD