The update failed, now my blackberry is just blinking the red light and the computer WILL not recognize it.

I've taken the battery out over and over and restarted the computer over and over.

Is there any way to fix it? Thanks a lot!
    02-11-09 11:57 PM
    has anyone had to deal with this or can they give me any advice?
    02-12-09 03:45 PM
    02-12-09 03:52 PM
    So i did all of that but the phone will connect to the computer, and disconnect within about 10 seconds.. and it keeps repeating that. I've tried what all the sites say to do but it won't stay connected.. is there a way to force it to?
    02-12-09 07:24 PM
    02-12-09 07:34 PM

So I do all of that, just what it says, but then when I get to "Wait for device initialization" it says it can't be found. Any suggestions?
    02-12-09 07:55 PM
    man sorry for your luck, I had this happen to me before--- I kept plugging it in to my DM and finally it loaded the software that was previously on there. Basically your phone is not working because it's dead(nothing is on there, no apps, nothing) VZW sent me a replacement but I fixed it. I had to keep plugging it in to DM, honestly a 100 times. Finally, I went to the upgrade icon on DM and it loaded it on. good luck
    02-12-09 07:58 PM
    I'm so switching back to iPhone
    02-12-09 08:00 PM
    I'm so switching back to iPhone
    lol blasphemy
    02-12-09 08:02 PM
    So I do all of that, just what it says, but then when I get to "Wait for device initialization" it says it can't be found. Any suggestions?
    If you followed those directions to a T and your phone is still bricked, you might be in need of a replacement.
    02-12-09 09:32 PM
    If you followed those directions to a T and your phone is still bricked, you might be in need of a replacement.
    i don't understand why it would need to be replaced.. it messed up during an update.. it's just the software and the computer won't recognize it.. ugh.. i'm so done w/ this bs lol.. i've tried the instructions at least 5 times and nothing. exactly what it said to do.. red light keeps blinking. i'm just gonna sell the thing on ebay and go get the iphone
    02-13-09 12:09 AM
    i don't understand why it would need to be replaced.. it messed up during an update.. it's just the software and the computer won't recognize it.. ugh.. i'm so done w/ this bs lol.. i've tried the instructions at least 5 times and nothing. exactly what it said to do.. red light keeps blinking. i'm just gonna sell the thing on ebay and go get the iphone
    How much you think you're gonna get for a bricked phone?
    02-13-09 10:00 AM
    Like hilmar2k posted - this is the way I recovered mine
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

I was running windows 7 on my laptop and the same exact thing happened to me. Dead berry, red blinking light. I finally had to reload vista and follow the instructions to recover my nuked berry...
    02-13-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD