I bought this unit used. When I checked the "Network" setting, it always gave me "Active" and next to it "T-Mobile". Then I erased everything to get a fresh start by doing a "Handheld Wipe". Now when I check under "Network" it says "None". It does not say "Active" anymore. Does this mean it is now unlocked ? What else can I do to be exactly sure of the status of this "locked" "unlocked" situation ? Thank you.
    06-28-09 01:06 AM
    not sure about on your phone. but try going into options > advanced options > SIM Card then type in "mepd" without the quotes. a screen should pop up and show you the SIM restrictions. if they all say "Disabled", then the phone is unlocked. did you attempt to unlock the phone? you can also check by putting in another carriers SIM card and seeing if it works or not.
    06-28-09 04:57 AM
    When you did a handheld wipe it restored it to out-of-the-box settings. The Pearl was probably not originally a T-Mobile phone. Log on to the T-Mo BIS site and have your service books resent, that should solve your problem. Then I recommend you upgrade your OS, since it now is probably quite old.
    06-28-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD