Hello and thanks for stoping by. I am a new BB pearl owner and very new to this site. But it has helped me once already so I'm back. I purchase a pearl a little over two weeks ago and I have charged it twice with no problems. I went to charge it for a third time yesterday morning and when I returned to the phone hours later it had not charged at all. I tried a battery pull and plugged it in again before bed and still noting when I woke up. When I plug the charger in to my phone the light on the top right of the phone comes on red for about 20-30 seconds then turns off. If I try to turn the phone on and this only works once just after I plug it in. A picture of a battery with a bolt of lightning accross it shows up. Has anyone had this problem? Is my phone done/battery? Any help is much appreciated. Could you please message me directly cause I'm not sure if I will be able to get back here as I am not very familiar to this site.

Thank you so very much.

Mike

Thank you to everyone who helped. Turns out it was a defective charger.
    Last edited by Pigeon77; 06-29-08 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Figured out problem
    06-28-08 08:44 PM
    I think you may have a defective battery. I suggest taking it in. When I charge mine, I dont get the lighting bolt across the battery.
    06-28-08 08:48 PM
    Is the picture of the battery a large picture with nothing else on the screen? or a small icon on your home screen?
    06-28-08 08:52 PM
    The screen is all white but in the middle is the battery with the bolt across it.
    06-28-08 08:54 PM
    Next question - is there a number in the picture? it would be small, like 507, or 523...
    06-28-08 08:55 PM
    No numbers just the picture of the battery and bolt.
    06-28-08 08:56 PM
    Good - probably is a bad battery then, I would go to you carrier and have them put in a good battery to check it out. If that's it, they should replace it free of charge. AT&T just replaced my defective battery with no problem.
    06-28-08 09:00 PM
    Ok thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something stupid I was or wasn't doing. lol. I will take it in tomorrow as it is less than a month old I can't see them giving me any troubles.

Thanks for very much for your help.
    06-28-08 09:03 PM
    Next question - is there a number in the picture? it would be small, like 507, or 523...
    I havent searched to see if there is a thread that explains these numbers, but do the numbers signify different error messages?
    06-28-08 09:03 PM
    I havent searched to see if there is a thread that explains these numbers, but do the numbers signify different error messages?
    Yes - but I forgot that the error messages aren't in a battery picture, but look like this -

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...a/DSC01232.jpg

and here's a list of possible error codes -

Blackberry Error Codes - Blackberry Solutions - Blackberry Games |Free Blackberry Games|Blackberry Games|Rim Games| 3rd Party Software |Blackberry Themes|Blackberry Ringtones|Rim Software|Wallpapers|Blackberry Discussion| - Powered by BBSGAME.MOBI!
    06-28-08 09:08 PM
    Just a comment Pigeon, I don't know how low you let your battery charge get, but you might want to charge it when it gets around 50%.

I charge mine daily via USB when on the pc or notebook.
    06-28-08 09:18 PM
    Definitely take it in and they will exchange the phone for you most likely

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 09:22 PM
    Hi Pigeon77,

I had a similar problem with my relatively new 8130. I thought it was my battery; however, I think my charger was defective. I started charging it with a USB cable instead and the battery actually charged. Hope this helps.
    06-28-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD