Every time I try ro download the muports manamanah ringtone from crackberry my phone locks up and I am getting so frustrated. I do not have a memory card but I was told at the tmo store that I would be able to get at least one ringtone on the pearl without having a card. When I bought the phone last month noone toldme that we should buy a card. Is it me, the phone, my tmo service or the lack of a card? I will be buying card soon, but I live about 40 minutes from the tmo store and I am not looking forward to dragging my 5 kids in there for the. 5th time in a month.
    Can I buy a sd card from another store for my pearl?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 12:39 PM
    if its from crackberry just email it to your phone...open it and save it as a ringtone...

-db

AND BUY A MEMORY CARD !!!!!!!!!!

you can get them from radio shack, best buy, circuit city, heck my local grocery carries small ones... they are like 20 bucks and worth every penny GET ONE!
    01-20-08 12:41 PM
    I am going tonight to get a card. The page will not load for me, it stays with an hour glass indefinately and never gets to the point where i have an option to email it

01-21-08 11:33 AM
    A memory card won't necessarily help you with your ringtone issue. I have about 15 ringtones saved just to my phone memory, and you can have plenty more than that if you don't have a lot of e-mail accounts or other apps. A memory card is really only needed if you want to hold big files or a lot of applications. I would keep in mind your signal strength too. If you only have 1 or 2 bars, you're going to have a tough time getting anywhere on your BB browser. There's also the possibility that this particular ringtone is just bad. I have quite a bit of experience in the mobile industry, and it happens all the time.

You can get any micro SD card and it will work, and you can probably get one on sale at a better price than the T-Mo store. I got mine at Walgreen's, $24.99 for 1 gb.
    01-21-08 08:43 PM
    Thanks all for the help.... I fid het a memory card though it seems that emailing myself the ringtone from someone else's Computer is the only way i can get ringtones from this site. I have 4 ringtones on my phone but am i right in guessing that the added memory card is not going to help my downloading time?

01-23-08 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD