when i got my BB i put my att sim card in it and then copied my saved phone numbers from my sim to my phone then when i call someone it adds an +86 in front of the number and in my adress book i go to view and the number doesn't have an 86 in front of it. I don't know what else to do someone please help!!!
    09-02-08 10:52 PM
    when i got my BB i put my att sim card in it and then copied my saved phone numbers from my sim to my phone then when i call someone it adds an +86 in front of the number and in my adress book i go to view and the number doesn't have an 86 in front of it. I don't know what else to do someone please help!!!
    Green phone button / menu / options / Smart Dialing /
    Make sure your country code and area code are set correctly.
    09-02-08 10:57 PM
    thank you so much that did the trick. Sorry for my ignorance. lol
    09-02-08 11:01 PM
    Glad to help. Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    09-02-08 11:02 PM
    Hi, I tried your solution because my phone was dialling a "+" sign in front of the numbers stored in my address book
    but still shows the "+" sign in front of a local number (I have put no country or area code, as it is to be dialled locally, as if I was using a landline)
    Could you help, pleaaasssee!
    Thank you
    08-11-11 10:15 AM
    just realised that using "Unkown" in the country, in the same menu you suggested, solves the problem
    thanks
    08-11-11 10:30 AM
    how do i stop +86 before phone number
    07-12-13 03:21 PM
    how do i stop +86 before phone number
    07-12-13 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD