I've had my 8100 Pearl for about 4 months or so. Last night my battery did drain to the point where it shut off, now this has happened to me before so it was no big deal. I turned it on last night also to make sure everything was fine and it was, but it was still low so i powered it off.

This morning I wake up and try to turn it on, and it would not come on. All I would get was the RED light when I insert the charger into the device. I then held the power button and what I got was a white screen with a big battery on it, with a lighting bolt going through it.

I didn't upgrade anything, download any apps. I haven't gotten it wet I know this for a fact. Can anyone help??

I don't know what to do, or there is no possible troubleshooting to my knowlege because it won't come on....
    12-24-08 08:04 AM
    It sure looks like your battery is dead. They symbol you describe means just that.

However bofre you run off and dispose of your disposable, how are you charging the phone? Whatever else you do, try charging with the original Blackberry wall charger. Pull the battery out for about 30 secs to let all the electronnocs die and and then put it back. Now connect it to the wall charger for an hour or so. It it it still dead AND it is still dead from charging fro a USB port, if that is what you normally do then, I fear that the battery may need replacing. Perhaps you could go to a friendly phone store and beg a trial of a new battery from them, just to try. Also try your battery in their phone.
    12-24-08 08:25 AM
    SO I took it to the T-Mobile store, and the tried charging it, and putting a new battery in it. That didn't work. He said there was NO damage to the phone and that I should call and have them send me a new one, being that it is still under warranty. SO I guess that is what I will be doing. It will be after the holiday obviously. But oh well *sigh*
    12-24-08 02:26 PM
    just had the same problem with my pearl. the guys at the sprint store said that the white screen with the blue battery pops up when the battery is too weak to keep a charge. when this happens, the wall charger and usb charger that come with the phone can't recharge the battery. you'll have to use a separate charger that chargers the battery itself (not thru your phone).
    01-13-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD