I was a doof and dropped my phone into a puddle. My screen still works, but the back light seems to be broken. It does not want to turn back on. The phone is still working though.
    I need help! How do I fix it or replace it? Thanks in advance. =]
    03-07-08 02:23 PM
    Try here for parts.

promobility.com
    03-07-08 02:29 PM
    Might be a problem with the LCD.

Options > Screen/KB > make sure Backlight brightness is good.

If it still doesn't work...
    Click Here for a new LCD.
    03-07-08 02:36 PM
    I have the same problem after I spilt water on my pearl 8100. makes me very sad.
    I am thinking that replacing the screen would fix it, but i'd hate to spend the money and time and it still not work.
    I wonder if attaching new screen requires saudering all those tiny litty pins from the ribbon...
    Last edited by latesthing; 10-26-08 at 03:13 PM. Reason: wanted to whine some more
    10-26-08 03:10 PM
    There is store in Los Angeles that does these kinds of repirs really fast. My freinds BlackBerry was dropped in coffee and the lcd and the trackball had to be replaced. These guys did a really good job and it was a quick fix. They are called Wireless Waves and their number is 323-655-5005. They are in Los Angeles close to the grove.
    11-05-08 03:02 PM
    I have the same problem after I spilt water on my pearl 8100. makes me very sad.
    I am thinking that replacing the screen would fix it, but i'd hate to spend the money and time and it still not work.
    I wonder if attaching new screen requires saudering all those tiny litty pins from the ribbon...
    No you do not need to solder all the pins on the ribbon, it plugs into a socket on the pcb. Takes about 5 minutes to do the repair IF you know how to take your phone apart.

wirelesswizard
    Los Angeles BlackBerry Trackball and LCD Screen Repair
    There is store in Los Angeles that does these kinds of repirs really fast. My freinds BlackBerry was dropped in coffee and the lcd and the trackball had to be replaced. These guys did a really good job and it was a quick fix. They are called Wireless Waves and their number is 323-655-5005. They are in Los Angeles close to the grove.
    WHY would you pay for something that is extremely easy to fix on your own if you have ANY ability to work with small parts and tools (there are even posts on this site that will tell you how to do it (some even have videos that you can watch)). But I have been doing this for quite a while so I forget that not everybody has the skills to do their own work anymore.
    11-05-08 04:39 PM
    Has anybody found a fix for this yet? I read another topic that says replacing the lcd ($15 on ebay) wont fix the backlight problem.
    05-04-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD