For starters, I have a Sprint 8130, and I'm running 4.3.

For the past few days I've noticed a few things:
    1. The arrows in the top right corner (that usually show when it's "working") are appearing a lot more, when I'm not even doing anything.
    2. I'm having to resend text messages 2 or 3 times (sometimes) before they will go through. The first times I send them, I get the red X.
    3. I'm not getting some phone calls sometimes. I've had a few instances where people have tried to call me (in the same room as me) and my phone will go to voicemail after a few rings, for no reason.

Problems 2 and 3 aren't consistent... occasionally I have no problems getting phone calls, sending texts. And then there are other times when it is a problem.
    I was thinking about taking my phone to Sprint but I figured I'd ask you all for any suggestions first. Ideas?
    08-24-08 03:12 PM
    For starters, I have a Sprint 8130, and I'm running 4.3.

For the past few days I've noticed a few things:
    1. The arrows in the top right corner (that usually show when it's "working") are appearing a lot more, when I'm not even doing anything.
    2. I'm having to resend text messages 2 or 3 times (sometimes) before they will go through. The first times I send them, I get the red X.
    3. I'm not getting some phone calls sometimes. I've had a few instances where people have tried to call me (in the same room as me) and my phone will go to voicemail after a few rings, for no reason.

Problems 2 and 3 aren't consistent... occasionally I have no problems getting phone calls, sending texts. And then there are other times when it is a problem.
    I was thinking about taking my phone to Sprint but I figured I'd ask you all for any suggestions first. Ideas?

that's kind of odd because I have been having all three symptoms today too, but I have alltel
    08-24-08 03:14 PM
    Do you guys have a button combo to hit for ota programming, like on Verizon, you hit *228 and send, once the automated system kicks, you hit option 1, 2 or 9.
    That's where I start when I get a problem like this and it usually fixes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 03:18 PM
    If you ask me, it sounds like a poor signal issue.
    08-24-08 03:22 PM
    Do you guys have a button combo to hit for ota programming, like on Verizon, you hit *228 and send, once the automated system kicks, you hit option 1, 2 or 9.
    That's where I start when I get a problem like this and it usually fixes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not for Sprint, at least not that I know of...
    08-24-08 04:27 PM
    If you ask me, it sounds like a poor signal issue.
    Yeah, only thing is that I have full bars and these problems are happening in my apartment, where I usually have excellent reception.

Smahie - Glad I'm not alone.
    08-24-08 04:28 PM
    I have had problem's 2 and 3 before. On problem 2 it's usually because I'm recieving a message, email, or bb message. On problem 3 it's usually the same thing I'm in the middle of sending/recieving something and it happens. Seems more of a random thing though since I've been thinking of going thru and making sure I have the do not disturb box in my profiles unchecked and see if that helps. Also call and see if Sprint has an OTA option to update the roaming and tower capablities. Hopefully you don't have to take it in to a store and talk to a rep. or tech.
    08-24-08 04:43 PM
    I have had problem's 2 and 3 before. On problem 2 it's usually because I'm recieving a message, email, or bb message. On problem 3 it's usually the same thing I'm in the middle of sending/recieving something and it happens. Seems more of a random thing though since I've been thinking of going thru and making sure I have the do not disturb box in my profiles unchecked and see if that helps. Also call and see if Sprint has an OTA option to update the roaming and tower capablities. Hopefully you don't have to take it in to a store and talk to a rep. or tech.
    Mmm, I've experienced both of those things before in the past, but this time there's NOTHING going on... I'm sending a text message that won't go through for no reason whatsoever (no incoming/outgoing calls/messages, etc), for example.

Will try to call Sprint and see what they say.
    08-24-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD