My daughter has a Music ID program on her iphone that will identify any song that is playing. It will tell the name of the song and the artist. I want this program for blackberry! Does one exist? If not, could someone develop one?

ETA: I see there is a program that you can get to identify songs played on radio stations, but the program my daughter has identifies them from anywhere. I played songs on my BB, and her iphone was able to identify them.
    Last edited by raininberkeley; 08-24-08 at 01:37 AM.
    08-24-08 12:57 AM
    Do you mean songs from the radio? I only ask because Media Player reads mp3 tags and tells song, artist, genre etc, it will even show the album cover if that's there. I don't really know how a player can identify music without tags to read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 01:38 AM
    You already have such an app on your device. I just costs to use it.
    I never have so I don't know how much that cost is.

08-24-08 02:19 AM
    I had a copy of MusicID for PocketPC (before my BB enlightenment). It was ripped from a Cingular phone, and was working fine on my Sprint PPC6700.

It is a Cingular only App on BB's and I haven't seen it anywhere else so far. It would awesome if someone could port it for the rest of us though...
    08-24-08 11:17 AM
    If your daughter has Verizon, then it is VCast SongID. It's nice. All you have to do is run the program, then let the phone "listen" to the song for 10 seconds. Unfortunately, it's not available on the blackberry.

08-25-08 12:00 AM
    umm I think raininberkele�'s daughter has an iphone which I don't think works on verizon. Correct me if I'm wrong.

08-26-08 12:18 AM
    Hi

In the UK we have a service called Shazam. You simply dial 2580 then hold the phone up to the music. It will then text you the song/artist. There is a charge if they correctly identify the song.

Info at shazam.com

Regards

Ray
    08-27-08 11:00 AM
    I have a Bold, and under AT&T Music, it has a music ID options. It works the same was Verizon's Song ID works, and it only costs money if you download the song. Hope this helps!
    11-28-08 11:36 AM
    I have a Bold, and under AT&T Music, it has a music ID options. It works the same was Verizon's Song ID works, and it only costs money if you download the song. Hope this helps!

Wow, so your saying you can identify the song playing, without having to pay anything? I can get the music via alternate means, but I always heard you had to pay to use the service (Music ID). Hopefully I will find out tomorrow, as my Bold should be delivered then. Countless times, I have heard a song that I like, but have no idea how to find it, or even what the name is.
    12-01-08 01:58 AM
    Does anyone know of a program like this that would work on the Pearl 8120 ??
    12-01-08 10:48 AM
    My daughter has a Music ID program on her iphone that will identify any song that is playing. It will tell the name of the song and the artist. I want this program for blackberry! Does one exist? If not, could someone develop one?

ETA: I see there is a program that you can get to identify songs played on radio stations, but the program my daughter has identifies them from anywhere. I played songs on my BB, and her iphone was able to identify them.
    Sorry to bump such an old Thread but I was looking for this App too & I was able to find one for the BlackBerry. It's called Shazam Encore and it costs $4.99 - I bought it and it works very well.
    09-12-10 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD