So I don't have an Ipod, and my main mp3 player is the Pearl. I have an auxilary port (3.5mm) jack on my car stereo, and was wondering has been able to successfully stream their music to their car stero. It's probably similar process to get it to work with any 3.5mm stereo headphones, but after searching I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I went to fry's yesterday and the guy sold me a usb to 3.5mm saying it would work. It didn't. What a waste.
    08-22-07 11:05 AM
    Have you tried a 3.5 to 2.5 stereo cable. Or just putting a 2.5mm adaptor on the other end?
    08-22-07 12:22 PM
    not yet. That would be too easy. I guess I'll try that next.

Anybody get that to work? Am I the only one trying it?
    08-22-07 12:34 PM
    Neg, Ive tried it. Unsucessful.

I was doing the same exact thing. When i plug the adapter into my phone....it keeps playing music like nothing is plugged into the jack.

I know the headphone (dont know what size plug that is) plug to rca works with an ipod or likewise....but as soon as that adapter hits the bb thats where the problem is. The headphone plug that came with the pearl has 3 rings....others have only 2. I think the 3rd one is for the mic. NOt sure.

I think somewhere online there is a specific adapter for bb's that convert to regular size headphone plug.

But nothing is as easy as we would like.
    08-22-07 03:11 PM
    A friend of mine did exactly that with his Pearl. In fact, he was also able to hear phone calls through his car stereo. I don't remember what cable he used specifically, but it has to male-male 2.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo.
    08-22-07 06:48 PM
    A friend of mine did exactly that with his Pearl. In fact, he was also able to hear phone calls through his car stereo. I don't remember what cable he used specifically, but it has to male-male 2.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo.
    Do you think you'd be able to find out what exactly he did? That is the setup I want to have. My car doesn't have bluetooth but has the aux jack. I will be truly grateful if you could find out the info. That way I don't have to waste money on countless adapters that won't work. Please?
    08-22-07 11:45 PM
    I just PINned him.
    08-23-07 06:33 AM
    I just PINned him.

Cool, thanks man, I appreciate it.
    08-23-07 09:51 AM
    Hmm, apparently, it was too early, and it's his day off. Whoops! He hasn't answered yet.
    08-23-07 12:33 PM
    Hmm, his brother grafted a 2.5mm plug onto a cassette adapter, so he plays his Pearl through the tape deck! Yoiks.
    08-23-07 02:25 PM
    seido dot com...There are two: one plain jane adapter 2.5 4-conductor to 3.5 3-conductor/ headphone plug and one with a mic and mute/call/pick-up switch...I have both, and with all kinds of headphones they work great...I plug it into my car's aux port I get a: VERY LOUD HUMMMMMMMM

WTF???
    08-27-07 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD