I know this question has been asked in many different ways, but I am not able to find a thread with a similar problem as mine.

I am trying to sync multiple calendars I have in Outlook with my Pearl. I have one for school, work, birthdays...etc in outlook and only the "default" which is called "Calendar" in my Outlook syncs. Is there a way to make the BB sync all calendars? Or will only the default sync...?

Thanks

Eric
    08-26-08 01:40 PM
    Sandman if I'm not mistaken you can only sync one calendar with the desktop software and your blackberry due to limitations on the software or something i read somewhere one time.

Now on the flip side you should be able to use gmail calendars and out look several calendars from outlook to gmail and then you can sync the multiple calendars to your blackberry from google and this work around is free.
    08-27-08 10:13 AM
    Now on the flip side you should be able to use gmail calendars and out look several calendars from outlook to gmail and then you can sync the multiple calendars to your blackberry from google and this work around is free.
    How can I sync my gCals to outlook cals? Then... how can I sync the multiple calendars to my bb from google?
    Please be as specific as you can, thanks!
    09-04-08 12:11 PM
    You can sync your outlook to gmail with the google calendar sync application (http://dl.google.com/googlecalendars..._Installer.exe) this will sync your outlook to google calendar. then in google calendar you can move or edit the syncd items to any of the calendars that you have created by clicking on the event and clicking edit.

now to sync your blackberry with google go to (Google on blackberry and get link or go to Google Sync (BlackBerry Devices) : Getting started - Mobile Help Center) on desktop for step by step on how to get the sync application to your blackberry. now once you have the application installed on the initial run it will ask you which google calendars to sync with your blackberry, select which ever calendars you want. if you already have this application installed on bb and added a new calendar to google you go into the sync application on you bb, press the menu button, selecte sync now. once the sync is completed go back to the same menu that you just selected sync now from and instead select options, scroll down to the sync these calendars section and click change option, now scroll down and put a check mark next to each calendar you want to sync.

as a side not in outlook the google sync tool will only grab the default calendar, but will grab all the events no matter what label they are. ( ie i put all my work stuff on the work label, personel on the personell lable and so forth.) google will grab them all the put them on your primary calendar and then you can update them to what ever calendar you have in google.

this may not have been the answer you were looking for or not the easiest way to do this but it works. i only use one outlook calendar and utilize the labels for the events and then multiple in google.
    09-05-08 12:28 PM
    I don't have a data plan so I can't use Google Sync, but anyways it doesn't look like it's something that you can do with a single click... I guess I'll just stick to using one calendar and sync from google to outlook to my bb
    Thanks for the answer... it was helpful.
    09-05-08 03:13 PM
    You can easily sync multiple outlook calendars if you created them. (I cannot look at desktop manager right now so I'm not sure if these details are exact, but it's close).

Go into blackberry desktop manager, configure sync, select the "advanced configuration" button. You can map the folder(s) you want to sync. It should have the default calendar, but you can also select any other calendars you have created in outlook and you can add those to the sync list. Also, in that same area you can choose which is the "default" on the Blackberry, which is the one that appointments are added to when you use your Blackberry to create them.

Syncing another user's calendar is more difficult and what I'm trying to figure out right now, but if you created them all it's not hard and can be done with one click and without a data plan and all that google software.
    10-15-08 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the tip TAK626!!
    that worked perfectly for me.
    I didn't want to have to use Google calendar also.
    10-17-08 10:04 AM
    I finally got it to work. Thanks.

Now is there anyway to set it up on the BB to show the events in each calendar in a different color?

I see when I go to calendar options it lists CALENDARS and on mine there is only one. I know that is because I've deleted all of the CICAL entries for my email accounts.
    Last edited by TheBronx; 10-25-08 at 01:55 PM.
    10-25-08 01:35 PM
    You can easily sync multiple outlook calendars if you created them. (I cannot look at desktop manager right now so I'm not sure if these details are exact, but it's close).

Go into blackberry desktop manager, configure sync, select the "advanced configuration" button. You can map the folder(s) you want to sync. It should have the default calendar, but you can also select any other calendars you have created in outlook and you can add those to the sync list. Also, in that same area you can choose which is the "default" on the Blackberry, which is the one that appointments are added to when you use your Blackberry to create them.

Syncing another user's calendar is more difficult and what I'm trying to figure out right now, but if you created them all it's not hard and can be done with one click and without a data plan and all that google software.
    I did map my all my outlook calendars to the corresponding bbm calendars on BBM Desktop Manager (DTM). The sync from the corresponding BBM Calendars did not work, except for the calendar I marked 'default' in DTM. None of the other BBM calendars synced to their corresponding Outlook calendars.

Each of the outlook calendar events did sync to the default bbm calendar on the device . Not quite what I wanted, but I do have all my events on the default bbm calendar on the device.

Wish I could find a way to sync the device's corresponding 'non default' calendar events to their corresponding outlook calendars. Any thoughts anyone?
    10-17-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD