I downloaded some mp3 files from mp3fiesta.com to my PC and they play fine in Windows Media Player. When I transfer the same files to my 8130 and try playing them I get a gray error message box reading "The media being played is of an unsupported format." and in the upper right corner of the screen a red text box reads "Error Playing.". I can play other mp3 files with no problem on my 8130. I am aware iTunes has an incompatible AAC format but these mp3 files are not iTunes related. I read one posting regarding AAC that suggested adding the "Protected" field to Windows Media Player to see if the files are locked. I have done this and verified that all of the files are unlocked.

Are there different flavors of mp3 formats that I should be aware of? Are there only certain flavors that the 8130 can play?

Thank you in advance.

Stuart
    02-15-08 12:16 AM
    Anytime you see that, that normally means that the files aren't actually mp3 like they say they are. I had that problem with vid clips that I was trying to download.my vids weren't of a true mpeg4 nor .3gp format. I finally got that fixed and converted them correctly and now they all play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 02:16 AM
    Just for sheets & giggles try this....
    Open the file you can't play in Windows. It plays correct? If so, try "save as" select mp3 format and give it another name. Reload into your BB and see if it plays.
    If so then it's more than likely the issue Apollo is talking about.
    02-15-08 06:54 AM
    I found success by using an mp3 converter (I used Switch) to export my mp3 files as, well, mp3 files. The processing worked. I'll be looking for a new mp3 warehouse next..

Thanks for the tips.
    02-27-08 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD