Okay, so i just got a blackberry from my moms friend, and i have never had a blackberry before..It looks brand new..I think it is, I only got the phone and the charger. so no instructions, i tried copying the contacts from my sim card to the phone and it doesnt wanna work!

I followed the steps on how to do it

menu>address book>options>SIM phone book>options>copy all to address book

But it didnt copy them =(

can anyone please help me?
    06-21-08 01:49 AM
    I have a dfferent carrier, but I took my SIM card phone and new pearl to the dealer. They have a device with several connectors and can move information from one phone to the other. I had about 300 entries and he did it in about 15 mins. There was a $15 charge, but well worth my time.
    06-25-08 09:27 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I am on TMo... and the steps you took should copy them successfully.

What happens if you go to the Address Book and then hit Menu / SIM Phone Book??

Does this show entries on your SIM card??

I am just wondering, because maybe the contacts were not stored on the SIM from your old phone... and you need them to be on the SIM card first!

Another thing, did you switch back to view the Berries address book once you copied them over??

Let us know if any of that works...
    06-25-08 09:39 AM
    try going to the phone setup again and when it asks to copy all contacts to phone book hit yes, after thats done you can go down and hit close or exit or whatever.
    06-28-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD