I'm a very new user, and still getting the hang of customizing my Pearl. I've read the manuals, searched online, but still can't find an answer to the following:

Is there a way to move applications into a folder on the home screen? For instance.... I have an Applications folder which includes Tasks, MemoPad, etc. I downloaded Google Maps, but it's on my home screen. I'd like to move it into the Applications folder. I know how to move icons around on the home screen, but not how to put them into a folder.

Also... is there a way to create new folders? For instance... Games, Utilities, etc.

Thanks!
    03-22-08 04:08 PM
    Yes you just go to that icon hit menu and move it and move it over to the folder you want to drop it in. It will appear like it is hovering over the folder and then hit the trackball or hit menu and end move. The icon will now be in that folder. To create a folder hit menu and then Add folder a little screen will come up and it is pretty self explanatory. When you say applications I'm assuming you mean an icon for that application.
    03-22-08 04:16 PM
    Yes you just go to that icon hit menu and move it and move it over to the folder you want to drop it in. It will appear like it is hovering over the folder and then hit the trackball or hit menu and end move. The icon will now be in that folder. To create a folder hit menu and then Add folder a little screen will come up and it is pretty self explanatory. When you say applications I'm assuming you mean an icon for that application.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still having problems. When I move the icon I can't get it to hover over another icon. I can get the icon to move, but the other icons just shift out of the way. I can't get it to hover over an existing icon.

When I tried to create a new folder I hit menu but the popup has "Move Icon, Hide Icon, Show All, Switch Application". There is no option to add a folder. Thinking that this might be theme related, I tried it on several themes... ATT, BB Dimension Icon and bPhone Icon. But it doesn't work on any of them. Could ATT have locked this capability?
    03-22-08 05:15 PM
    I don't know if it is different for the 8100 but I have an 8130 and that's how it goes for me. No I don't think they locked it but maybe you should wait for a reply from someone who has an 8100, I just figured it would be the same.
    03-22-08 05:30 PM
    I'd love to hear an answer for this as well. I'd like to put things in folders and don't seem to have that option on my 8100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 02:30 AM
    Although I have a curve with AT&T i am able to create folders and move apps into the folder. one the main screen when i hit the menu I see
    move
    hide
    delete
    show all
    add folder
    edit folder
    switch application

Like I said that is for the curve so not quite sure its the same menu for the pearl.
    04-02-08 04:43 AM
    So after doing some more research, it seems to me that creating folders on the home screen is not available for 4.2 operating system. So hopefully when 4.3 is available for the 8100 we'll be able to create folders.
    04-02-08 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD