Hey guys, forum newbie, but 8130 owner since it came out on VZW last year.

So I did the upgrade and I'm having a few quirky issues... Any help or insight is greatly appreciated:

1. My saved images on my media card are no longer "fitting to screen" but they did before I upgraded the OS.

2. Suretype - The sure type menu used to pop up to the left of the word.. and now it pops up as a drop down menu. I'm very used to the other way and it's annoying.

3. Why is there all of a sudden bullet points next to each of my messages when i look at the messages history? They were never there before!

4. Despite using maxmem and having a reasonable amount of free space (9202620 bytes/8.76 mb of free space) my device is very slow, almost lagging behind the trackball.

I know these are odd issues and far from life/device threatening.. but they're annoying the heck out of me.. as if someone changed the drivers seat position in my car.,..

Any help, insight or commiseration is greatly appreciated!
    11-13-08 10:38 AM
    1. Not sure if this is what you mean, but I have also noticed that there is no longer a "fill screen" option when viewing pictures. There is still a "fit to screen, but no more fill. If this is you issue, I think they removed that option, or at least I can't find it anymore...

2. Try going to Options > Language > Input Options > and uncheck predictive input. This will bring up the list of possible words in a horizontal list, rather than vertical.

3. Are you talking about all emails in general, or other messages? I'm not sure about this one. Can't say I have seen this before.

4. When you installed the new OS, did you also install Docs-to-Go? This app is very large and if you don't use it on a regular basis, I would suggest removing it. Also, I would remove and pre-installed items (extra themes, wallpapers, etc...) to free up some more memory. Our pearls are known for having memory issues.

Hope this helps.
    11-13-08 11:47 AM
    Thanks for your help. I guess my issues are jsut part of the new OS. As you reccomended I was able to get rid of the drop down menu, but it's got a much more blocky appearance than it did before. Even using the same font and size. Odd.. and I know it's not a big deal.

The fill or fit to screen is a bit annoying as well, so I just used the zoom option to fill the screen a bit more.

And I rebooted the phone and the lagging stopped. I don't use docs to go as most of my emails and work emails are short and I couldn't imagine writing a spreadsheet or big document on the pearl.

Thanks again!
    11-13-08 11:56 AM
    Next time you upgrade try using crackmem instead of maxmem. It has worked much better for me and from most posts I have read. Here is the link.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    11-13-08 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD