Hi, newb here. I've searched but it seems like there are no upgrades or anything to give more features to the outside display. What I think should be simple standard features when the flip is closed are:

Profile changes

mark a text as read

access to the phone book/contacts

and speakerphone/place a call/answer a call

Simple.

I'm not new to a blackberry but I'm totally new to the fact that they are so customizable, I just never got into it before. Would those features be something that could be a software upgrade or will those features never happen? I have a 2 year old basic Samsung flip that has all those features. Other than those few grips after 4 days I'm pretty happy with the 8220.

Thanks
    Last edited by vlj1216; 01-25-09 at 11:14 PM. Reason: d
    01-25-09 11:12 PM
    non of those can be done on the outside display, no software upgrade will help either. just not programmed that way.

i too wish it did work like that though, very useful/
    01-26-09 02:52 AM
    The program can be changed, that's basically what apps do. All RIM would need to do is add those program lines to add access, but who knows why they don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 01:30 PM
    How do you contact RIM to complain, if all they need to do is add to the program then they can add them with the next OS, right?
    01-26-09 04:12 PM
    Go to their site, there should be a contact link somewhere on the site. It's not a simple process, but RIM can add features to OS updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD