I have now received my second 8100 and when I put my sim card and battery in all i get is a flashing red light. It flashes three times and then two times. I have tried to charge the battery I have tried removing the battery and resetting the phone. I have tried to change the operating system on the phone...but when I plug the phone into the computer and run the desktop manager it will not find the phone? I am pretty well done with trying the blackberry phones...any thoughts
    04-17-08 10:52 PM
    Leave the SIM card out and just the battery in. If it boots, then it could be the SIM card. If it doesn't work, get it replaced. I'd make a special point about how the phone they gave you didn't even work. That's unacceptable to let a customer leave with a replacement that doesn't even work.
    04-17-08 11:01 PM
    I had the same problem with my phone the other day. I just blew on the connectors on both the battery and the 8100 and tried a few times. It worked and been good so far.

Ive heard some other people have the same problem too and they just took the battery out, let it sit for a bit and then plugged it back in. My blowing on the connectors was a bit extra I gusess, lol

That being said, BBs are great phones. You've just had bad luck the past couple of times. I know it'll be hard for you to give it a third try, but trust me, once it works you'll be glad you did.
    04-18-08 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD