Is there somewhere in the options where I can monitor my total incoming/outgoing data usage to compare to by monthly bills ?
    05-25-09 12:18 PM
    I'm not sure how Bell works, but I know with other carriers you can view data usage via your online account.
    05-25-09 12:20 PM
    Check with your carrier, there might be a #code that will show you data usage. On verizon, it is #DATA, it shows total SMS, MMS, and Data usage
    05-25-09 12:20 PM
    Check with your carrier, there might be a #code that will show you data usage. On verizon, it is #DATA, it shows total SMS, MMS, and Data usage

Well what I'm really looking for is "how data intensive is Windows Live Messenger" ? If I leave it running 24/7, what kind of data usage am I looking at ? I get like maybe 20 emails per day with no attachments and I check the weather occasionally. I have 500 MB per month. Am I risking going over 500 MB if I leave Messenger running all the time ?
    05-25-09 12:29 PM
    Ah, I don't know that, but Verizon does have an "estimate of total usage" on their website somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Maybe Bell has something similar on their site?
    05-25-09 12:44 PM
    For all Bell customers I just found this for those who want an update on voice and data usage via text message.

In my case (Data), I just text 82273 and reply 'B' and I get an update within the last 2 hours.

Hope this may help somebody.

Send a free text message (it can say anything) to 82273 (TCARE) and follow the steps.

As a monthly service subscriber, you can:

* Check your account balance
    * Check your last payment info
    * See everyone's combined usage, up to the last 2 hours (primary phone only)
    * Add any of the following features:
    - Message Centre
    - Message Centre Express
    - Call Display
    - Basic text messaging
    - Picture and video messaging
    - Unlimited Mobile BrowserTM
    - Roadside Assistance
    - Value Bundle C
    - VoiceNet

As a prepaid service subscriber, you can:

* Check your airtime balance
    * Check your airtime expiry date
    * Add a prepaid card
    * Add any of the following features:
    - Message Centre
    - Call Display
    - Basic text messaging
    - Unlimited text messaging
    - Picture and video messaging
    - Unlimited Mobile BrowserTM
    - Roadside Assistance

To check your prepaid airtime balance and expiry date:

1. Wait for the following response:
    Welcome... Please reply A: AirTime balance/Expiry Date, B: Add a Prepaid Card, C: Add a feature, D: Feature Info
    2. Select A and wait for this response:
    Tcare: AirTime Balance. You should receive a text message within a few minutes with your AirTime balance. Reply M: Main Menu

This message arrives shortly:
    Your current AirTime balance is $99.99. Your AirTime will expire on Sept 20 2005. Reply O: To add funds, M: Main Menu� bell.ca/wirelessprepaid

To check your monthly balance and last payment info:

1. Wait for the following response:
    "Welcome...Please reply A: Account Balance/Last Payment, B: Usage, C: Add a feature, D: Feature Info, & E: Update your address"
    2. Select A and wait for this response:
    "Tcare: Account Balance You should receive a text message within a few minutes with your account balance. Reply M: Main Menu"

This message arrives shortly:
    "Tcare: Your current balance is $45.95, Your last payment was received on Sept 20 2005 in the amount of $65.24, Reply M: Main Menu"

It's simple, it's fast and it's free.
    05-25-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD