Hi there

I was hoping to help reduce a lot of unnecessary headaches for T-Mo users with the 8220 who are upgrading their OS's for the first time.

I see time and time again the last 7 months I've had my Flip, people who are on T-Mo don't know they have to delete that fave 5 cod file in order for a successful OS install.

It's located here....

"Delete net_rim_tmo_five.cod from the AppLoader device software folder: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod)"

Obviously if that is not deleted...the 8220 locks up when receiving an sms.

I know that the majority of Moderators here on Crackberry are aware of it, but I also know the vast majority of first time OS installers on T-Mo do not know about it....and find out the hard way...and it's never included in the simple instructions on the Sticky.

My simple request would be to let T-Mo users know they HAVE to delete that cod file in order to install the new OS correctly

It sure would help these guys and gals out a bunch!

Thanks for your time!

Cheers!

Hogg
    Last edited by Hoggles; 11-27-09 at 06:21 PM.
    11-27-09 06:18 PM
    It's strange, all I delete is the vendor file and I've never locked up getting an sms. Ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 06:21 PM
    It's strange, all I delete is the vendor file and I've never locked up getting an sms. Ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow....you're the first I've heard never having that issue....congrats! Sure seems like a bunch of T-Mo users do have that issue....including myself way back when.

What OS are you on NSZberry? .305?
    11-27-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD