As of Jan 1st at 12AM, my Blackberry Pearl 8130's mobile network keeps turning itself off, and now I cannot get any phone calls, or receive any texts.

I can go and turn it back on, but that only lasts for a minute or so.

I have tried pulling the battery and it still wont work.

I have had my BlackBerry for over a year now, so there is no going and getting a new one, and to be honest...I cant afford to get a new/refurbed one.

I leave for Marine Basic Training on the 20th and I don't want to have to get a new phone that I am barely going to use.
    01-02-09 01:07 AM
    Sounds like it could be your provider. Give them a call and see if they're updating there systems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 02:06 AM
    I checked and no, Sprint is not doing any updates or anything that would mess with my coverage.

But thanks anyways.

01-02-09 02:30 AM
    Is your file free memory above 12000000. Is your battery fully charged. Sometimes low memory or little battery charge can have issues to wear it shuts off radio to conserve memory or power

01-02-09 03:05 AM
    yeah I am fully charged and I do not think memory is a problem considering I just did a system wipe on it and still nothing

01-02-09 04:08 AM
    I have the same problem too.
    01-02-09 01:19 PM
    I am taking it to Sprint tomorrow so we can figure something out then.

01-05-09 02:30 AM
    I was having problems with the trackball with my Pearl so I took it to Verizon and they replaced it for free. As soon as I got home I noticed that the radio on the new pearl was off, so I went to the connections manager and manually turned it on. After 30 seconds or so, the radio turned off. The battery was full so I don't think it was an energy conservation issue. After trying in vain several times to turn the radio on and keep it on, I took it back to Verizon and they replaced it, for free, again. I am happy to report that so far there are no problems with my new Pearl. Two days and three different Pearls.
    01-05-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD