Will this be enabled on the new Pearl? If so, I will definitely seriously consider switching over to the Pearl 2 from the WE. How STUPID to disable this feature.

I wish Verizon's coverage wasn't so much better than AT&T.... I'd sooooo consider switching.
    10-29-07 02:18 PM
    When I had asked verizon why they disabled the feature on the blackberries, they said it was because the BB wasn't a camera phone and didn't need the MMS capability. Now that the pearl has a camera, I would *assume* the MMS funcationality will be available on the new Pearl.
    11-02-07 01:06 PM
    I have emailed Verizon about that very issue twice and recieved no answer. Called a CSR and got now answer.

Logic would dictate that since it can send pictures it should be able to recieve them. Unfortunatly Logic and Big Red doen't always walk hand in hand.
    11-02-07 04:41 PM
    its working on the new pearl.. I just sent two from it.
    11-03-07 11:50 AM
    nice. thanks scuba.

i thought this was listed in verizons spec sheet on the new pearl...

-db
    11-03-07 11:52 AM
    I'm pretty it can send and receive from reading their website, it says:
    Text, Picture and Video Messaging under Capabilities.
    11-06-07 09:59 AM
    I already said it works.. lol
    11-06-07 08:18 PM
    does not work on my bb 8130. what could i do to fix it?
    11-06-07 10:55 PM
    yes it does I have it and it works great.
    11-07-07 02:57 AM
    Call verizon they have to switch something on your account and then it will work jsut fine.
    11-07-07 02:58 AM
    What would they be switching on the account?
    11-07-07 12:08 PM
    I feel like I'm beading a dead horse here, but just for my sanity here i wanted to make sure i can send a Picture threw a message not e-mail...

The only reason i ask is because i read a review (from some1 who apparently cant type) and he/she said it did not have MMS, only being able to send and receive pictures threw e-mail... Sorry if I'm not being clear its just I am anticipating buying this phone saturday and just researching. Thanks for any help.
    11-07-07 04:45 PM
    jhood25. I cant stress it enough... This device has MMS.. Heck if you want I will send you a MMS message. Gibralter... Check your service books and see if its listed. If its not call Verizon and ask them to resend your service books. If its still not listed tell them to fix it..

This phone has MMS.
    11-07-07 05:10 PM
    Hah sorry scuba.

I'm sure you know what it feels like investing into a new phone. With all these conflicting reports im depending on this sites for the details and you guys have been more then helpful. Thanks again.
    11-07-07 05:32 PM
    Lol as soon as I got the pearl up and running I did a test mms and it does work! Sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-07 01:07 AM
    Lol as soon as I got the pearl up and running I did a test mms and it does work! Sweet!

11-08-07 01:08 AM
    I just got my Pearl... I can receive MMS messages from others (both w/ Blackberry's and other phones) but I can't send them. It gives a little red x - this is true for both forwarding a message I just received or a pic I just took.

I called VZ and they think it's the phone which doesn't sound right to me. Any ideas?

All other functions of the phone work great!
    11-09-07 04:49 AM
    I dont think its your phone. I do think it could be the person you are trying to send a MMS message to doesnt have a phone that understands MMS. Try someone else? I got a red X once and just selected the message again and it sent it. Check your service books and make sure you have some MMS settings. If the service books are missing thats VZW. If they are there and you are able to surf the web I would try the good old fashion pull of the battery..
    11-09-07 07:55 AM
    I've tried multiple people (including the ones that have sent me MMS so I know their phones work since I got those successfully.)

All settings are correct since I can receive them I kind of figured they were.

Any other suggestions before I waste more time w/ VZ's store reps?

Thanks!!
    11-09-07 08:32 AM
    Do me a favor.... Go to OPTIONS>Advanced Options>Service Book

Do you have MMS Transport (RIM) [WPTCP] listed?
    11-09-07 08:41 AM
    Yes I do have that listed. Dang it.
    11-09-07 12:06 PM
    Yes I do have that listed. Dang it.
    Ok... can you send yourself a MMS message?
    11-09-07 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply.

No, I can't - same results.
    11-09-07 12:40 PM
    Last thing... Under Options> Host Routing Table
    press the MENU key... on ANY set of numbers and select register now...
    wait for the text to come in that it was registered...
    Power the phone down and pull the battery...
    wait 5 seconds and put it back in..

Try once more to send yourself a MMS message.. If that doesnt work VZW is going to need another call. Tier 1 wont be any help so just ask for Tier 2..

If your ok with tech type stuff you might want to press ##000000 and post what you have listed for M0 Voice S0 Roam and MT Voice S0 Home. DO NOT save any values from this screen. Just tell me what they say...
    11-09-07 01:01 PM
    Having the same issues as above Scuba.

Using the ##000000 I have the number 3 in both of those locations.

I previously had the issue with not having the Go To option in my browser which was solved using the register function. I can receive MMS from others just can't send.

Thanks,
    Chaws
    11-09-07 03:00 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD