Does anyone know if you'll ever be able to send mms messages with sprint service?
    07-25-08 11:31 AM
    I am a Verizon customer but I was wondering is it only you can't send MMS with sprint BBs? Or with all of their phones? I would guess all but I never been with sprint only T-Mobile and now Verizon
    I remember I seen someone on CB who had sprint and had the option to MMS because of the OS update they did was from a carrier who allows MMS it would be funny if they were able to send MMS but for text rather than pix and vids

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rameal999; 07-25-08 at 11:39 AM.
    07-25-08 11:36 AM
    I am a Verizon customer but I was wondering is it only you can't send MMS with sprint BBs? Or with all of their phones? I would guess all but I never been with sprint only T-Mobile and now Verizon
    I remember I seen someone on CB who had sprint and had the option to MMS because of the OS update they did was from a carrier who allows MMS it would be funny if they were able to send MMS but for text rather than pix and vids

Sprint has disabled MMS on both their BBs and Windows Mobile smartphones. The Palm based smartphones are the only ones that actually use it.
    07-25-08 11:52 AM
    Its just the BB's where you cant send video or pics. You can recieve them but not send. Its really stupid and doesnt make any sense. I heard rumors that I'll be able to download something to do it but not sure if its true. Hopefully someone here will know.
    07-25-08 11:54 AM
    Sprint is dumb and totally palm biased haha like that dumb commercial with palm centro with all the miniatures of the same person following that person and that one guy who looks like he is from Yugoslavia nothing against them but he should be a villian in a Steven Segal film

07-25-08 12:05 PM
    Right now Sprint doesn't have an MMS server, only a picturemail server and the smartphone besides the palm devices wont do picturemail. Here's what you can do though:

Take a picture with the camera.

Press the Menu button.

Choose Send as Email.

In the To: field insert the correct phone number at carrier address as shown below:

Alltel – [email protected]

AT&T– [email protected]

Cricket – [email protected]

Sprint – [email protected]

T-Mobile – [email protected]

US Cellular – [email protected]

Verizon – [email protected]

Nextel – [email protected]

Boost – [email protected]

SunCom – SunCom [email protected]

Enter a subject and a message.

Attach the photo and Send.

It comes to the recipients phone as a picture message. Hold out for a bit, Sprint is working on getting taken care of.
    07-25-08 06:02 PM
    The search forums feature works great. Don't know why we get an influx of repeat questions.

Sprints bunk. Sorta second guessing my move to them. I miss mms.

07-25-08 09:21 PM
    When pigs fly.
    07-25-08 09:25 PM
    Thanks Ken, i'll give it a try.
    07-25-08 11:13 PM
    I actually have two questions 1) how do i download music onto my bb 8330 and 2) what is mms texting and what does it do what is the whole concept behind it.
    10-19-08 09:51 PM
    I actually have two questions 1) how do i download music onto my bb 8330 and 2) what is mms texting and what does it do what is the whole concept behind it.
    1) You can stream them from the mobile web and save them while ur in the media player or download them to your phone/memory card via Desktop Manager

2) Multimedia Message Service (MMS) is used to send
    a) extremely long text messages, b) pics and videos, c) combination of extremely long text messages with pics and videos
    10-19-08 11:33 PM
    I'm from Sprint and am anxiously awaiting MMS. Had I known they had it disabled, I would have either not bought a BB (and that would have been sad, I'd have no idea what I'd be missing). Or I'd have left the service. Its "that" important to me.

Anyway, I have mine using the work around with all of the pic mail addies that CB users suggested. Along with a lot of other tips to set it up, now it's working great, except for ATT. Which is weird, they are not on the top of the list for sending problems.

I get this back when I try to send out:
    :returned error mail:
    Recipient: <[email protected]>
    reason: invalid
    recipient:
    <[email protected]>
    Then it says ..... more. In tiny print 550 smtp invalid recipient. blah blah blah

EVERY ATT addie I send out to, now does this. What is this cingulair crap?!! I tried putting cingulairs thing on the end of the number I was trying to send to just for curiosity and those failed too.

I have no tried capitalizing the mms part. ::shrugging:: But I will. I'm still thrown by the whole cingulair thing. Anyone have any ideas?

If Sprint gets MMS ... dude they will have so much more and up on some of the other services for the money, it won't even be funny.
    The funny thing about this whole MMS mess with Sprint? Is they were the ones to run the largest picture mail campaign all those years ago. For all I know hey may have been the first, or one of the first services to use it. It's just with the blackberrys and some other pdas they have it mysteriously blocked for right now.
    10-20-08 02:43 PM
    Firgured it OUT! ARRRRRRRRRRRRG.

Okay every single place that gives out the work-around instructions, including sprint themselves ... says to put a one in front of the ten digit number for ATT. WRONG.
    NO number 1 In front of the number. I just heard from the first att people all summer by taking the number away. its just plain tendigitnumber@blahblahblah. That was the problem.

This was pretty much the way it went over the summer to get everything working:

got the workaround addies/numbers. nothing.
    Bad phone, had to return to sprint. nothing.
    Called Sprint, spent 3 hours with a level 2 tech to try everything they could think of.
    nothing.
    Store called Sprint with a tech to work with them. nothing.
    Called RIM twice, second time guy took me through entire phone to make sure firewalls, and etc was all set normally. There was more to to check than I thought. Everything was already set fine though. nothing.
    Signed off of AOL, Yahoo, and put on Google. Comcast is not even good. Sprint explained to me that Google is the most reliable for picture mail as it has very little to no limits and parameters set.
    Got through to Sprint and some other service that day! Yahoo!!
    Still not always reliable, delays, and no other services work.
    Took off Blackberry signature. more reliable delivery .. instant.
    Set files to tiny for Verizon. Like movies that are less than 550kb. PIctures, not so sure how much. Verizon is solved.

Time to tackled ATT's ****. Go on to trying the cingulair addie since all returned mail to ATT is now coming back from there, not att. Nothing.
    Tried capitalizing MMS in the addie. Nothing.
    Tried taking the 1 off the front of the number.
    SUUUUUUUUUUUUCESS for the first time.
    Now I'm going to be experimenting to see how big of a file they can recieve.

Thanks to everyone here for all their help this summer. Because of you guys taking your time, typing up suggestions, putting heads together. I got my system working.

Yah, just in time to get MMS tomorow I bet. I'll just diiiiiiiiiiiie if that happens now. lol.
    10-20-08 04:10 PM
    how is this affecting other people bills?
    lets say they dont have internet pkg or picture mail pkg on their phones?
    12-06-08 04:16 PM
    Right now Sprint doesn't have an MMS server, only a picturemail server and the smartphone besides the palm devices wont do picturemail. Here's what you can do though:

Take a picture with the camera.

Press the Menu button.

Choose Send as Email.

In the To: field insert the correct phone number at carrier address as shown below:

Alltel � [email protected]

AT&T� [email protected]

Cricket � [email protected]

Sprint � [email protected]

T-Mobile � [email protected]

US Cellular � [email protected]

Verizon � [email protected]

Nextel � [email protected]

Boost � [email protected]

SunCom � SunCom [email protected]

Enter a subject and a message.

Attach the photo and Send.

It comes to the recipients phone as a picture message. Hold out for a bit, Sprint is working on getting taken care of.
    I am SO excited to try this out!!! I never realized how much I used MMS until I switched to Sprint.

Anybody know a quick way to figure out carriers???
    01-28-09 08:21 AM
    Ok, I have tried exactly how it tells you to do this and it still doesn't work for me. I have tried sending pics to friends with t mobile and alltel but nothing happens.

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong? I am a sprint subscriber and I have a blackberry 8130. This is really frustrating.
    02-07-09 07:13 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can still send multimedia from your [email protected] account? I have a friend with a BB on sprint and that's how she does it. She does not have BIS, but her device is an 8330.

Actually kmurrel posted this already too.. .

Sprint – [email protected]

But I swear I get things from her addressed @sprint.net... hold on.
    02-07-09 07:31 PM
    Does anyone know if you'll ever be able to send mms messages with sprint service?
    ok. YES...U can NOW use MMS w/ Sprint. U have to plug ur phone into the computer and go to sprint.com/downloads. Click on ur smartphone, and it may make u log in. It does take about 1 1/2 hrs to completely d'load the software to ur phone, but I can send ALL kinds of pics really quick now. Or, u can call Sprint and they can walk u thru it! But u can finally MMS thru Sprint. Good Luck!
    05-06-09 01:22 PM
    i upgraded mine and had nothing but good luck with it. if i can get my address book to syn via wireless i'd be pretty happy. after my upgrade it stopped working. i do have bb enterprise server
    Last edited by don.miguel; 05-06-09 at 05:43 PM.
    05-06-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD