MMS Now Available for the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 (10/27/08)

New software (4.5) is now available for the Alltel BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Smartphone, making MMS (Multi-Media Messaging) available and fixing other known issues.

The new BlackBerry Pearl 8130 software includes updates for:

Picture/Video Messaging
    Restriction of NAM 2 (Line 2) Switching
    Photo Geo-tagging
    Documents To Go (Word/PowerPoint)
    BlackBerry Maps Static Map Display

Requirements for installing the new software include:

Installing Desktop Manager on your computer
    A USB cable to connect your device to your computer
    DCs (Distribution Centers) and CDF (Customer Direct Fulfillment)/Brightpoint inventories are not being re-flashed with the new software. New inventory shipped from RIM (Research In Motion) will not include the new software version.

Customers can visit Alltel Downloads to download the new software (4.5) for their device.

Reps can go to Einstein > Equipment > Current Handsets > BlackBerry Pearl 8130 for direct links to the software download. For more information, follow the link for each device from the Alltel Downloads website.

More Great News! New software for the BlackBerry Curve 8330 will be launching soon
    always nice to have a good source.
    10-27-08 07:33 AM
    NICE! Of course that's the phone I just switched from for the curve. LOL I'm so confused on where to look exactly to know when the update is available from Alltel for the Curve. Congrats to those with pearls. I'm jealous. LOL
    10-27-08 08:52 AM
    i downloaded the desktop manager then the 4.5 app installed and still didnt get the mms app.. any ideas ?
    im not an alltel custmer
    Last edited by johnniereb; 10-26-10 at 08:22 PM.
    10-26-10 08:17 PM
    MMS isn't an application....
    10-26-10 08:35 PM
    k well how do i get mms ? i did a wipe handheld and lost the option to mms text
    10-26-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD