Ok, so I have responded to questions on here twice now about people using AT&T and using the Pearl not being able to send or receive MMS. I didn't figure this out, I am not taking credit. I simply saw this on a different website and thought I would post it here, and hopefully, this thread will become a sticky.

In order to send and receive MMS on your 8100 Pearl with AT&T, you have to change your OS to one that has all of the service books installed on it. "There is an operating system that has all the service books loaded in it. The Mobilkom Austria [A1] 4.2.1.101 OS will permanently load the service books on your phone. It will also permanently get rid of the “Data Connection Refused” prompt on the home screen. This operating system will make your Pearl work like any other phone. Therefore, it will not require a special data plan. When you use the internet on it, you will be charge a per kilobyte use (pay-per-use). Or you can use one of the MediaNet plans offered by AT&T."

The link to the OS is HERE, scroll down until you see Black Berry Firmware and then select the download for the 8100 OS.

If you plan on using the BB data plan, then I wouldn't recommend doing this. If you are simply wanting to use your Pearl as a regular phone, with the ability to use MMS, then this is for you.

I originally found this information at MMS Picture Messaging IS POSSIBLE WITHOUT A DATA PLAN with AT&T. (Pearl 8100) - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums, I want to give full credit to the one that deserves it.

P.S.

I am speculating the 4.5 OS (whenever its released) will fix this problem anyway. I have personally performed this operation 5 times on 5 of my friend(s) pearls and I haven't had any problems whatsoever and you can update your OS afterwards with no problems.
    Last edited by mikeyg164; 07-05-08 at 08:24 PM.
    07-05-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD