Successfully synced my new Pearl 8130 with my Office 2007 Outlook contacts, but the calendar is missing many entries on the BB that were on my computer. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
    05-03-08 10:09 PM
    when you sync the blackberry to outlook it can delete your past appointments on outlook (pc). a work around....when set up the sync choose to go either 1 way from pc to device or from device to pc. that way it does not delete stuff... seems to delete appointments for me but the contact sync is ok. also when you are syncing you can click "details" and see what it is adding or deleting and accept or cancel the sync.
    05-03-08 10:58 PM
    If the entries that are missing are all in the past, then you need to set Calendar Options/Keep Appointments: Forever. If some of the missing appointments are in the future, then they may have been corrupted in some way. It's not unusual to have a few, but many would be. You probably need to delete the CICAL service book. Here is a link to a recent thread that will tell you how to do it, and why it will will work: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/812...-issues-31021/
    05-04-08 07:00 AM
    The appmts I am missing are all in the future. Tried deleting the CICAL service book as suggested to no avail. I have two calendars in Outlook and i have no idea why. Could that be causing the corruption during my sync? I can't figure out how to delete the one calendar i am not using, so i hope that is not the cause of my syncing problem.
    05-06-08 02:58 PM
    See this thread to a post from Shortman on 4/22. It sounds like he had the same problem.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/out...alendar-31227/
    I found this using Google to search the site. It's a trick I learned from sunkast. "site: forums.crackberry.com outlook two calendars"
    05-07-08 09:47 PM
    If the entries that are missing are all in the past, then you need to set Calendar Options/Keep Appointments: Forever. If some of the missing appointments are in the future, then they may have been corrupted in some way. It's not unusual to have a few, but many would be. You probably need to delete the CICAL service book. Here is a link to a recent thread that will tell you how to do it, and why it will will work: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/812...-issues-31021/
    My DM sync is trying to delete the desktop appointments from the past, going back about three years. I made the changes on the phone, as suggested above, restarted the phone and DM but it is still trying to delete those old appointments in Outlook. Any suggestions?
    05-09-08 02:56 PM
    'Forever' appears to be a year in my case. I have detailed daily calendars back to May 2007. Only recurring appointments in April 2007 and earlier. If there's a way to override that in Outlook, I don't know it. I suspect that's what you're experiencing, instead of a blackberry issue. It's also possible that the year limit is imposed on me by an IT policy. I'm open to correction if anybody knows better.
    05-09-08 04:08 PM
    I guess my other option would be to change the option to manually enter the number of days before and after to sync up. My problem now is that the DM keeps shutting down when I try to sync. I guess I'll reinstall it to see if that helps out.
    05-09-08 06:09 PM
    on my wifes (sprint) Pearl 8130, noticed that all non-reaccuring appoints in the past were missing (ie sons dentist appointment from 3 weeks ago) from Both the 8130 AND Outlook. 8130 is set so it keeps appointments "forever".....any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks!
    06-11-08 11:08 AM
    Similar issue with calendar sync between BB & Outlook 2007. Sometime in last month i lost all of 2007 and first half of 2008 non-recurring appts. Seems like BB only wants to retain last 2 months of non-recurring appts. I had an old backup with those appts so I update the BB with the old calendar data. I then ran a two-way sync for 800 days prior and 365 days ahead.....but it will not bring those old appts into Outlook. I have no idea how to get those old appts from the BB to my Outlook. As soon as I do - I am going to get a Smartphone. This is nuts.
    08-20-08 02:21 PM
    Bump to top... was there ever any satisfactory solution to the Outlook 2007 missing past non-recurring appointments? I have stupidly been relying on my PST file for important record keeping...
    Thanks,
    Cal
    10-23-09 09:48 AM
    My problem sounds very much like BzyBaker...this has happened multiple times since I got my BB Storm. I sync at least daily, sometimes several times. It never warns me that it's deleting my calendar items even though I have it set to keep items "forever" and also to allow me to approve changes. I always accept legitimate changes, but I always find it when trying to look up something last month or similar and learn that my calendar is essentially empty. I find that all calendar events with the exception of recurring items are gone beginning about 2 weeks ago and beyond. Each time this happened, I re-sync and bring them all back from Outlook. It is frustrating, obviously, but the FIRST time it happened, I didn't expect it and my DM was set up to automatically duplicate entries, so it also wiped my Outlook calendar clean. Fortunately I had a couple-week old backup that restored some of the missing info but not all. I suspect but haven't verified that this MIGHT be happened when I get a sync error about not enough memory (an internet search says the fix is to remove the battery in my BB and reinstall, then resync...which works, but it just occurred to me that that has happened close to the same number of times that my calendar info has disappeared.
    11-19-09 05:23 PM
    Nothing new to add to this post other than that I'm on an 8900 and am also missing future appointments (for example as early as today as well as tomorrow).

Outlook 2007 with Desktop Manager 5.0.1 BIS.
    11-20-09 08:25 AM
    No solution?

I guess next step I'll try is kill some service books and get them again.
    If that fails then wipe device, try sync, try restore.
    11-24-09 07:30 AM
    - Solution -
    Killed the Desktop Service Books from the device and upon next sync everything was good to go.

Desktop [CICAL]
    Desktop [CMIME]
    11-24-09 08:31 AM
    My Blackberry Pearl all of a sudden today decided it wants to delete all the appointments up until two weeks ago. It obviously has done this before because I only have appointments since August. And I lost them in Outlook because it had synced after deleting them from the Blackberry.

Anyway, Forever has been checked off in the BB since inception but it still deleted them and when I sync it wants to delete them from Outlook.

Help me please, I live by my device and Outlook!
    12-22-09 12:34 PM
    I've been having some of the same problems that have been described and no matter what I try, *nothing* works. I basically gave up on getting back the appts that my BB deleted but now I can't even get my older stuff from Outlook to re-populate the BB. It seems as though if the appointment has been in Outlook since before today, BB won't sync it.

I have tried all of the following:
    From another forum in BB called "How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs" [won't let me link]
    --Changing keep to "forever"
    --Closing open applications
    --Battery Pull
    --Have plenty of memory
    --Clear browser cache
    --Delete unwanted applications

From this thread:
    --Delete service book for CICAL

Also:
    --Manually changed the dates that get synced (last 180 days to future 365 days)
    --Sync only from Outlook to BB

I don't know if this is related, but about a week ago BB Messenger stopped keeping my Conversation histories. I'll be chatting with someone and then later the same day, conversation gone. Poof!

I'm ready to tear my hair out!!!
    03-17-10 05:42 PM
    Anything new on this?? I'm glad that at least I have good company in this. I was thinking it was one of my 3rd party apps (Call Notes, Profiler, Add To Contact), but sounds like it's none of those.
    04-25-10 03:25 PM
    Make sure you have plenty of spare memory. One of the main problems of the Pearl is its low memory and, therefore, its need to free up space deleting old SMS, emails, calendar entries...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 05:01 PM
    It appears that my calls are "logging" to my calendar. Not sure if that's due to a setting on any of the aforementioned 3rd party apps I have (see 2 posts above), or if it's one of those "undocumented features" that I changed a setting on, and have promptly forgotten what I've done. I'm sure this is at least part of the reason why my calendar is filling up with all kinds of nonsense that I don't really want to keep, and not keeping the stuff that I really DO want to keep.
    04-28-10 08:29 PM
    Are you using AddOnIs? It has the option to log calls to the calendar. I used to use Add to Contact. I don't think it does. I'm not familiar with Call Notes and Profiler.
    04-28-10 08:39 PM
    no, I'm not using AddOnIs. I'm going to try uninstalling AddToContact and Call Notes and see if that assists with memory and sync'ing issues (see my other post in the "phone number format" thread)
    04-30-10 05:45 PM
    I look forward to hearing a solution for your problem.
    04-30-10 06:59 PM
    I got AddToContact and CallNotes uninstalled, now I'm not able to sync ANY calendar entries from my device to my phone!

This may or may not be germane to the issue, but I recently got a new computer. When I set up outlook on the computer, I didn't set it up with any email address at all, as I only have POP3 mail now (yahoo and gmail, not including work). I don't use gmail's calendaring, and rarely use yahoo's calendar. would this have anything to do with it?
    05-04-10 08:17 AM
    I got AddToContact and CallNotes uninstalled, now I'm not able to sync ANY calendar entries from my device to my phone!

This may or may not be germane to the issue, but I recently got a new computer. When I set up outlook on the computer, I didn't set it up with any email address at all, as I only have POP3 mail now (yahoo and gmail, not including work). I don't use gmail's calendaring, and rarely use yahoo's calendar. would this have anything to do with it?
    So you use Outlook for the calendar, but not for email? That's a sufficiently uncommon setup that it's worth exploring. Can you associate an email address with Outlook and see what happens?
    05-04-10 12:18 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD