I purchased a Blackberry 8100 a few weeks ago. It was a used refurbished model. Isn't there supposed to be email and a web browser application installed?
    I checked the demo and there is supposed to be an option to select email at the 14th step of the device setup, but my only options are 1) use the enterprise server or 2) skip.
    05-17-08 07:00 PM
    Select skip, Enterprise server is for Exchange server with RIM BES installed. The next step should ask if you want a different type of connection.
    05-17-08 07:12 PM
    Assuming your phone plan allows a data connection (verify this first)

Try options, advanced options, host routing table. Press menu, then register on the network.

If no luck there, try battery pull.

Otherwise, contact customer suppoert and ask them to "reconstruct your data file" and push it to your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 07:12 PM
    Select skip, Enterprise server is for Exchange server with RIM BES installed. The next step should ask if you want a different type of connection.
    just upgraded the software on my bb and ran the setup wizard again.
    there was no next step. that was the end of it.

Assuming your phone plan allows a data connection (verify this first)

Try options, advanced options, host routing table. Press menu, then register on the network.

If no luck there, try battery pull.

Otherwise, contact customer suppoert and ask them to "reconstruct your data file" and push it to your device.

yeah looks like i didn't sign up for it. my bad.

still, isn't there supposed to be a browser application ready together with the email?
    cross that problem out. it seems like it will only show if i have a data plan.

anyways, when i try to log on to msn it gets to 80% and tries to download my contacts, but a few minutes later it comes up with an error saying "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings."

or does this require a data plan as well?

actually before i upgraded the software there was a "data communication refused" text on the screen, but now it's replaced by t-mobile.
    Last edited by Vicc; 05-17-08 at 09:58 PM.
    05-17-08 09:31 PM
    Without a data plan you cannot use anything other than SMS and mms. That is assuming tha you signed up for a messaging plan.
    Why not sign up for the unlimited plan? It's only $20 on TMobile.

05-18-08 08:51 AM
    I have t moble and used t-zones (tmo data plan$5,99) for 2 months.....but had limitations as you describe.....found out BB has is own unlimited data plan on tmo$19.99.....it rocks!.

05-18-08 09:05 AM
    alright thanks guys. i guess i'll just buy the plan.
    i have one more question thought. i took some pictures. how would i move them to my pc? when i connect my bb to the pc via a usb cable and check the folders, the pictures aren't there.
    05-18-08 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD