Does anyone know a way to have an audible alert that repeats for missed calls/SMS? I sometimes leave my BB in another room (I know, I have separation anxiety too) and do not want to miss a call/SMS. I guess I am looking for a �pager function� that would nag me at intervals until I responded. I have tried a program called Pearl Alerts that you can download at Handago, but it did not work on my 8130.
    01-19-08 09:12 AM
    Try Blackberry Alerts - it does just what you need and you can totally customize it.
    01-19-08 09:26 AM
    I have tried this as well - Pearl Alerts; Blackberry Alerts (same company- BByMel) and neither one works on 8130.
    01-19-08 09:37 AM
    Do you have the most curent version of BB alerts? Works like a charm on my 8130. I think they are at version 1.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 03:12 PM
    There version on download.com and handago are both 1.3. I tried again to use this program and after adding with the desktop application loader I got this error message "Uncaught exception module with handle [836] and index [0] has not application entry point". The program is on my BB, but when I go to options and set it for 1 minute notification and send myself a SMS I get the initial ringtone I assigned, but nothing happens after 1 minute.

Does anyone know of any other way to have BB repeatedly "nag" you with a auditory reminder function?
    01-20-08 08:53 AM
    UGH! I can't get this to upload either! Seems like Microsoft Active Sync worked better with uploading programs through the desktop than the BB Desktop Manager! What am I doing wrong?? And I can't find the BB Alert program on Handango website from my BB browser.

I downloaded the "e-Mobile Phone Alert" from my BB Pearl 8130 browser, which loaded up fine - but I couldn't get the program to work. It showed up as looked like it would work and after I set all the alerts - didn't work! That money is wasted!

Please help!! I really need a missed call indicator
    03-06-08 09:36 AM
    Nobody else has problems with audible missed call alert?? How do you deal without having one??

Is there a setting in the BB Pearl where the phone will continue to beep until I physically check it??

TIA
    Last edited by sunpod; 03-10-08 at 02:17 PM.
    03-10-08 02:12 PM
    Here's the link for the BBAlerts .jad which you can download OTA through the BB browser:

http://bbymel.servebbs.com/latest/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

This will install the latest version which I believe is currently 1.65
    03-10-08 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the link, but it comes up HTTP Error 404 - the page you are trying to load could not be found.

I don't understand how RIM could make these smartphones without an audible missed call indicator.

I tried downloading e-mobile alerts from Handango, which did upload the program into my pearl - but couldn't get it to work.. so I deleted it off my pearl.

Any other help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

TIA
    03-10-08 03:06 PM
    Thanks for the link, but it comes up HTTP Error 404 - the page you are trying to load could not be found.
    The link is valid, I just tried it and it came up fine. Be sure you are typing it into your BB browser exactly as you see it in my post.
    03-10-08 05:53 PM
    GG is that a trial link or the actual software?

*Link works fine here....
    03-10-08 07:33 PM
    Yep Motion, trial of the actual app... when you install, it'll tell you its a 7 day trial.
    03-10-08 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the link Works great.
    03-10-08 08:40 PM
    Weird - I typed that link out yesterday 3 times!! Today I went right to it!!

So... I am anxiously waiting for my pearl to power back up - apparently that is the trick to get applications installed, eh??

Verifying software... YIPPEE!! It's there!!

Thank you!!

Now I'm just keeping fingers crossed that this will work, that way I don't have to go through the stress of trying to return this back to Verizon!!

I'm on my way to figure out the settings/options

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    03-11-08 03:26 PM

I trying setting the audio type - tried all the options and when I went to "audio test", it came back saying "Starting Audio Test - buzzer not supported - failed - starting audio test"

Does anyone know what that means or how this can be fixed??

TIA!!!
    03-11-08 03:39 PM

I trying setting the audio type - tried all the options and when I went to "audio test", it came back saying "Starting Audio Test - buzzer not supported - failed - starting audio test"

Does anyone know what that means or how this can be fixed??

TIA!!!
    I have my audio alerts set to my profile so I have play around with the other options to see what going on.
    03-11-08 05:16 PM
    So, I've been messing around with it. I have it set to profile and only the missed text message sets off the audible beep...

I have missed call marked, but doesn't trigger the beep

Help please!! I really want to love my pearl, but it's giving me such grief!! Any suggestions before I through my pearl out the window??

Thank you!!!!! Your info is much appreciated
    03-12-08 03:59 PM
    Has anyone that uses the Handago alerts had a problem with the call log icon being displayed even though the log has been cleared out? I installed the latest revision from the Handago site (trial version), and the blackberry call log icon does not disappear anymore. The call log is empty, tried battery pull, no luck. This is on my verizon Pearl 8130.
    03-16-08 05:36 PM
    Hey BoomBoomBoom -

Yeah - I downloaded it and paid for it.. never worked at all on my Pearl! I'm really hating this phone!!

If you find a fix, will you post it for me??

TIA & good luck!
    03-17-08 08:58 AM
    Hi SunPod,

I went back to the Handago site and found another app that was for the Pearl, not just blackberry. This app look exactly the same to me, but is version 1.5.

I found info on this forum about using the desktop manager to backup the phone, perform a handheld wipe procedure, then re-install the backup file. This worked great for removing the phone log icon from being displayed. I loaded the pearl alert program version 1.5 and all seems well. So far I love the audible indicator for misssed calls, voicemail messages and have not had the message icon malfunction issue.

I have seen on other blackberry sites links to version 1.65, but these were for downloading directly to the phone and I was on my laptop. I have been loading the file to my pc and adding to the phone with desktop manager.

I have 6 more trial days and will buy this app if it doesn't cause any side effects.
    03-17-08 09:20 PM
    Cool! I'll check into that!! Thanks for the info & good luck!!
    03-18-08 07:04 AM
    SunPod,

If you end up installing it again, you may want to do a battery pull after it is loaded and then try setting the options you want and testing. I think when I first tried testing it after install, it did not seem to work right. After exicuting the softreset program from one of the threads here on this site, I was able to get it working.

Good Luck.
    03-18-08 12:29 PM
    Hmm i'm getting the same http error 404.i type it correctly from the BB?Any input would be appreciated!
    04-04-08 09:16 PM
    My 8310 notifies me every 15 seconds that I have a missed call -- but only through my hands free blue tooth device. If the hands free device is turned off there is no visual or audible indicator from my 8310 directly, only through the hands free device. I have deleted the call log. I have deleted all voice mail. I see a lot of posting from users wishing they had a way to have their BB remind them of missed calls. It must be in there somewhere because its driving me crazy!!
    01-01-09 12:22 PM
    I too, am looking for something to alert me for a missed call. I have tried the above link in IE and FireFox and no luck. Sounds like a good program to try. How much does it cost to buy it?
    04-30-09 09:08 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD