I was wondering why one should get Mini-SD card? Is it only so that you can enable video recording?

Also, what is the ideal mini-SD capacity to get? which ones are compatible with our pearls?

And lastly, when you connect your BB to your computer and open the media manager and it asks you to enable mass storage on your device, would it be enabled if you get the mini-sd or is there an option in the phone to enable that?

Thanks.
    06-24-08 03:05 AM
    I was wondering why one should get Mini-SD card? Is it only so that you can enable video recording?

Also, what is the ideal mini-SD capacity to get? which ones are compatible with our pearls?

And lastly, when you connect your BB to your computer and open the media manager and it asks you to enable mass storage on your device, would it be enabled if you get the mini-sd or is there an option in the phone to enable that?

Thanks.

1) the Pearl doesn't have a video recorder....
    2) 8GB
    3) both

welcome to CB..heres some useful info>>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-24-08 04:20 AM
    You want to put anything on a media card you can to save the device free memory.
    You can store pics, ringtones, music and videos on it.
    You probably will want to get the largest card you can afford, but at least 2GB.
    06-24-08 05:52 AM
    I have a 6 GB, and it's all I need.
    06-24-08 06:38 AM
    1) the Pearl doesn't have a video recorder....
    2) 8GB
    3) both

welcome to CB..heres some useful info>>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    I can record videos with my pearl...I have the 8130 like the OP.
    06-24-08 06:42 AM
    If you want to have a lot of ringtones, pictures, mp3s, videos on your BB then you will want to get as big a card as you can afford. That way only apps, message logs, and email are on the BBs internal memory. If your internal memory gets too low the BB will start wiping SMS and call logs to free up space.
    06-24-08 07:01 AM
    The 8120 has video recorder as well. I carry a 2 gig card on it but I am running out of memory so it depends on how much stuff you will use it for. Lastly the mass storage can be activated thru the options settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 07:29 AM
    I was wondering why one should get Mini-SD card? Is it only so that you can enable video recording? You want a microSD card, not mini

Also, what is the ideal mini-SD capacity to get? which ones are compatible with our pearls? You might as well get an 8Gb card, it will still work with your Pearl now, but not recognize all the storage space. Then when OS 4.5 comes out the whole thing will be recognized *EDIT* : I think Sprint OS 4.3 recognizes 8Gb already

And lastly, when you connect your BB to your computer and open the media manager and it asks you to enable mass storage on your device, would it be enabled if you get the mini-sd or is there an option in the phone to enable that? There is an option on your phone (Menu > Options > Media Card > all options are in there!

Thanks.

I hope that can help. Also, make sure to get a decent brand of card (I personally recommend SanDisk!! And look on Amazon or NewEgg or the likes. I got my 8Gb SanDisk with USB reader for $45 shipped!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-24-08 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Info
    06-24-08 07:33 AM
    I can record videos with my pearl...I have the 8130 like the OP.

yes we can
    06-24-08 07:57 AM
    I hope that can help. Also, make sure to get a decent brand of card (I personally recommend SanDisk!! And look on Amazon or NewEgg or the likes. I got my 8Gb SanDisk with USB reader for $45 shipped!
    I got my 8GB Sandisk card from Amazon on Saturday and as of this morning, my Curve has officially replaced my 6GB ipod mini. Over 1200 songs, some recorded vids, ringtones, audiobooks, Word docs, assorted eBooks, a few hundred wallpapers and I've still got 2.5 gigs left to work with. Iggy hasn't unseated my 30GB video ipod yet, but it's probably just a matter of time before we see microSDs that big...
    06-24-08 11:41 AM
    I have a 8 GB.
    Works great!!!!
    06-24-08 11:44 AM
    I got my 8GB Sandisk card from Amazon on Saturday and as of this morning, my Curve has officially replaced my 6GB ipod mini. Over 1200 songs, some recorded vids, ringtones, audiobooks, Word docs, assorted eBooks, a few hundred wallpapers and I've still got 2.5 gigs left to work with. Iggy hasn't unseated my 30GB video ipod yet, but it's probably just a matter of time before we see microSDs that big...
    Yeah. That is amazing

Good amount of songs... videos are fun too. Get TV shows, movies, etc.

Where do you get your audio books? jw
    06-24-08 11:46 AM

Here's one place. And they're free.

Main Page - Gutenberg
    06-24-08 11:52 AM
    Yeah. That is amazing

Good amount of songs... videos are fun too. Get TV shows, movies, etc.

I use Audible. I know their Player doesn't work for everyone and could use a serious upgrade, but it works fine for me. At least until miutunes gets bookmarking capability.
    06-24-08 11:57 AM
    ya know i noticed even rims website device comparison says the pearl doesnt have a video recorder but my 8110 does with a light
    i use it often? As for me i went with a 4g that has served me well
    Im now considering an 8g however because i put several movies and videos on it. Some for me some for the 9yr old daughter to watch when we have to wait some where Its a God send!
    06-24-08 12:03 PM
    I couldn't fit my whole music collection on my BB if I wanted to. I have over 20GB ripped at 256kbits. My creative zen something or other mp3 players battery won't hold a charge any more and the extended service plan expired. I'm thinking of getting an ipod but I don't know how they compare to the newer creative ones.

06-24-08 12:59 PM
    Are all applications stored on internal memory? because I am hesitant to download applications as I don't have a micro-SD card yet.

So do applications get to use some of the micro-SD storage or is it simply for ringtones, audio, video, etc.?
    06-24-08 01:00 PM
    Currently apps have to be in the internal memory. I don't think there are any 3rd party apps that can be used to move apps to the card. But as long as you keep all the media on the card you should have room for quite a few apps. Just don't go crazy installing all sorts of apps you will hardly use. I imagine it would be real easy to use up all the space going nuts with games.

06-25-08 03:07 AM
    ya know i noticed even rims website device comparison says the pearl doesnt have a video recorder but my 8110 does with a light
    i use it often? As for me i went with a 4g that has served me well
    Im now considering an 8g however because i put several movies and videos on it. Some for me some for the 9yr old daughter to watch when we have to wait some where Its a God send!

I would love to be able to do this, for my dd to watch when we travel on spring break for 16 hours. How do I get movies downloaded to the micro sd card for her to watch?

Thanks
    03-17-09 06:19 PM
    peaches73- try using clone dvd mobile http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html. This is what I use, however it is not a free program. This and anydvd and you should have no problems
    03-17-09 07:27 PM
    how do i store things on my card?
    03-18-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD