I just got a new car and I'm having a problem turing up the volume on my bluetooth sync. Everytime someone calls I have to turn up the volume on my radio. On my phone it shows the volume turned down real low when connected to sync. When I push the volume up bottom on the side nothing happens. What is the trick that I'm missing.
    07-23-08 11:51 PM
    I still need help with this issue. Does anybody have any idea's?
    07-30-08 12:20 AM
    Maybe this will help. Go to your phone log and use your action key to go to options. The in general options go to default call volume and turn it up to whatever you want. See if that will help.
    07-30-08 02:21 AM
    k, i just went out to my car because i've never noticed whether mine did this or not. no matter what setting i try, even the one suggested above, my volume still stays at the halfway mark on my phone, and you have to change the volume through the stereo.

so, i am imagining that it is a safety setting to keep you from messing with the phone while you are driving. that way you have to use the volume controls in the car, and not touch the phone.

have you ever tried to set up sync while the car is moving? it won't let you for safety reasons, although i don't guess they care that perhaps your passenger was setting it up for you, lol.

now when i am using it as a media player i can change the volume on the device no problem.

p.s. I am nosy, what car did you get? lol, i am a ford wife, so everyone who buys a ford product gets much love from me
    Last edited by ferfious; 07-30-08 at 11:12 AM.
    07-30-08 11:09 AM
    I bought a limited 2008 Ford Taurus. I work at Ford's also so therefore I drive a Ford. I sure wouldn't bite the hand that feeds me.

I like the Sync, but I hate having to turn the volume up everytime I get a call. It seems real quite to me.

I havn't even tried the media part of sync yet.
    I've only had the car for about 2 weeks.
    Been riding my Harley during the good weather. Today it looks like rain so maybe I will play with the sync some more and take the car.
    Thanks for the information.
    07-30-08 12:01 PM
    you know i forgot about the forums over on syncmyride.com, have you joined there yet?
    someone there may have a trick to changing it.
    07-30-08 12:41 PM
    Thanks. I will try that website out.
    07-30-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD