Hi guys,

I'm shopping around for something bigger than my current 2gb card. And I saw this great deal for a Dane-Elec 8GB microSDHC Card, Class 4 card on Buy.com. But I've been unsuccessful in terms of figuring out whether it's compatible with my BlackBerry Pearl 8110. There's nothing in the manual and the product specs don't cover compatibility.

I'm a newbie when it comes to this phone, so you'll have to explain what and where to look for the information that is necessary. Thanks.
    05-01-09 11:38 AM
    As I understand it if your phone is running OS 4.5 then it should support an 8gb card. Try searching the forum for more information as I think that's where I read it before.
    05-01-09 11:44 AM
    It depends on the operating system you have on your device. If you don't know which OS you have or how to see it either go to options>about or type the word myver and hit spacebar that will tell you your current OS. Then you will know the limit of the media card for your device. Here's the limits on media cards with their respective Operating Systems...

BlackBerry Device Software version Media card size limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 05-01-09 at 11:47 AM.
    05-01-09 11:45 AM
    Thank you. I get v4.30.93 � so as I suspected. my limit is 8 gb.

But also I'd like to know if one kind of card won't work with my device. For example, the one I'd like to buy is Class 4 - DA-SDMC-8192-SR.

At the Shop.blackberry.com, I see a Blackberry Pearl 8110 compatible MicroSDHC card from the same company. But its model number is listed as DA-SDMC-8192-C

Do these letters mean one is compatible and the other is not?
    05-01-09 12:05 PM
    shouldn't make a difference, class 4 8gb should work just fine in your Pearl.
    05-01-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD