Hey there,

I just received my Blackberry Pearl off my Dad, after he upgraded to the Bold, and I have an issue with it.

The MicroSD card in the phone currently is a 128mb card, and I wish to put my 1gb MicroSD from my Nokia 3110c in it, however when I do this, the Blackberry starts up with a blank white screen. Just wondering if I have to wipe it clean before putting it in the Blackberry or not.
    05-03-09 02:47 AM
    Is the wallpaper you are currently using stored on the 128mb card? If so, the phone can't find it when you change the card. That's the only reason I can think of for the blank white screen, assuming the 1GB card is not defective and the normal screen returns when you put the 128mb card back in.

Try storing the wallpaper in the phone's memory before exchanging the cards and see what happens.
    05-03-09 07:12 AM
    Unfortunately it isn't anything to do with the wallpaper. The Blackberry literally starts up, and displays a blank white screen. Nothing is selectable. No buttons work. There isn't even the hourglass turning. It is as though the memory card bricks the phone.

The card has also been formatted through my Nokia, and I can't seem to find my card reader to format it through the PC.
    05-03-09 08:39 AM
    When you remove the 1gb card, the 8100 functions normally? Can you try the 1gb card in your dad's bold? If it fails there too, that would give you a pretty good confirmation the card is the problem. Reformatting it in a PC might help, although I would have thought a format problem would have simply made the card unusable, not locked up your phone.
    05-03-09 08:45 AM
    Also unfortunately, my Dad doesn't live with us, meaning I can't try it in the Bold. I think that, if I can't get it to work at all, I may have to just bite the bullet and buy a new one. They aren't that expensive at the moment anyway, so it's probably the better option.
    05-03-09 08:58 AM
    Yes they are cheap, but I've had similar issues with corrupt media on the card. Can you reformat it on the PC or phone it came from?
    05-03-09 09:23 AM
    I reformatted it on my Nokia 3110c, which is the original phone, but that had no effect. I need to find my card reader so that I can format on PC, but if not, then i'll just buy a new one.
    05-03-09 10:00 AM
    Roger that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 10:03 AM
    try to put it in the Pearl and connect the pearl to the PC to format it... May be the card will apears like a USB key... I dont know if it will works if the device is in ''WTF Mode'' XD. The other option is the card unfortunatly reader...
    05-05-09 09:43 PM
    Best to reformat on the BB if you can. Can't do it from the BB when it's hooked to the PC, only from the PC at that point. Just be sure to pull your media off it first, otherwise it will be gone forever. Then look at what you pulled off. If it has the extra extension ".rem" added, that file can be deleted, as it's become corrupt and won't be able to be opened again anyway.
    05-06-09 04:09 AM
    I know that Best Buy sells the 4GB memory MicroSD with the reader for only like 20 or 30 bucks. I have mine and haven't come close to using the 4GB of memory and love it!
    05-06-09 08:37 AM
    Well that'd be great... Except I live in Australia.
    05-07-09 05:41 AM
    Cellphoneshop.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD