Well after fighting with my microsd i got it to work. I had to put it in a sd card adapter and then put that into my computer. Added my music, then put it in my bb, now it works. Only thing is when i plug my bb into my computer to charge/add themes or apps it says windows wants to format the card? Whats the deal here? Also, I still cannot use the desktop manager software to put files onto my bb I have to use the sd card adapter. Help?

Thanks
    Steve
    03-22-09 09:51 PM
    What version of windows? Also do you have mass storage mode enabled in the media card options?
    03-22-09 09:56 PM
    i am running vista and yes it is enabled.

Also, I have windows 7 installed, and it does the same thing.
    03-22-09 10:18 PM
    Don't try with Win 7, it has USB issues with BB. Stick with Vista for troubleshooting. When you plug in your BB and start Desktop Manager, does it display your PIN?
    03-22-09 10:24 PM
    yes it does display my pin. Now for some reason I just updated to Desktop Manager v4.7 and when i plugged my bb in today it came up with a long list of updates, so i followed them, but again, windows still wants to format my card?
    03-23-09 09:37 AM
    also when i load up the media manager, on the bottom left it shows a tab for the memory card but i cannot open it? I just tried reformatting the card in windows, again got the message 'Windows is unable to format' then i formatted it using the phone. That worked, tried to connect to my computer, same thing, 'would you like windows to format your card?' instead, i take the card out of the phone, insert it into the sd adapter, slap it in my laptop and i am currently in the middle of transferring the songs back onto the card.

I am very lost here.
    03-23-09 11:55 AM
    anyone? I got my music back on my card, phone works properly again, but i cannot manage via the blackberry software or without a sd adaptor....

Steve
    03-24-09 03:16 PM
    WARNING! Formatting your drive will erase all data stored on the drive.

1. Click Start and then click Run.

2. Within the Open: box, type CMD and press the Enter key.

3. At the C:\ prompt, type FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32 (where X: is the drive letter assigned to your media card).

4. Press the Enter key.

Ive noticed that normal formating with the BB formats the SD car in FAT format ive formatted my card in FAT32 and it seems to run much faster
    Last edited by kingakuma; 03-24-09 at 03:56 PM.
    03-24-09 03:43 PM
    I have window xp. I tried to put my memory card into my reader to format it, it wouldn't. Any help in doing this would be great!! thanks, Tona
    03-24-09 06:43 PM
    now what is the difference in running the format through command prompt than from My Computer.....Not saying that I am not going to try it, I am just curious as i would like to minimize the amount of times i need to add my media to my computer.
    03-24-09 06:46 PM
    well, i tried the command prompt and it did the same thign as the other converter, it goes up and then when it reaches 99% it says, unable to format? I wouldnt think that my card is bad because like i mentioned before, using a sd adaper an d loading stuff on it that way works. I dont know what to do
    03-25-09 06:44 AM
    try reformatting it with your SD adapter.

Dos based formatting is more reliable than windows
    03-25-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD