Hello, i have a bb 8100 and i bought a 2 gig micro sd card and when i is it in the phone it says that the card isnt formatted. But it wont format the card on the phone nor the computer. When i put it in another phone it says that the card has an unknown format. What does this mean and how can i get my card to work? Is the card reader on a printer able to read and format my card through my computer?
    Last edited by slank94; 03-19-08 at 02:11 AM. Reason: missing words
    03-19-08 02:09 AM
    You should be able to format the card while it is in your phone. Go to Options > Media Card, make sure it is turned on, press menu and format.
    03-19-08 02:13 AM
    now when i go into media card it says that the media card si not available because mass storage mode is currently in use. Why is it saying that?
    03-19-08 04:54 AM
    Don't have it connected to your computer when you try to format.
    03-19-08 08:06 AM
    I had the same thing happen with a 2 GB microSD that was right out of the box. I formatted the card on my laptop's SD slot with the basic Windows format utility and then it worked. I don't know about going through a printer to format, but any laptop or computer with the SD slot or an USB reader should work.
    03-19-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD