Hi, thanks. I am a CB newbie, LOVE the site. I am having a problem. I added a email address to my BB, and am getting messages, but after send/receive on Outlook the messages disappear on my BB. I can't figure it out. Was not doing this on my other email address. Thanks in advance!!
    12-04-08 05:08 PM
    Depending on what you're using (Outlook Express, Outlook 2003, Outlook2007, etc...) check the following:

Outlook Express:
    - Click on Tools
    - Click Accounts
    - Click on the Mail tab
    - Highlight your email account
    - Click the Properties button
    - Click on the Advanced tab
    - Ensure you've selected "Leave a copy of messages on server" and either "Delete from server when removed from deleted items" or "Delete from server after x days" to ensure your inbox doesn't become overloaded.

Outlook 2003/2007
    - Click Tools
    - Click Account Settings
    - Double click on your email account
    - Click the More Settings button at the bottom right
    - Click on the Advanced tab
    - Ensure you've selected "Leave a copy of messages on server" and either "Delete from server when removed from deleted items" or "Delete from server after x days" to ensure your inbox doesn't become overloaded.

This is all assuming, of course, that Outlook is using POP3. If you're using IMAP for Outlook, I'd say you're better off switching to POP3 and performing the steps outlined above, as it's quicker and a little easier to manage. Hope that helps you.
    12-04-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD