FINALLY was able to convince my girlfriend to become a BB convert, and she got the 8130 thru US Cellular. It came out of the box with 4.3, so the first thing that I did was load 4.5.0.66 (USCC's only approved 4.5) onto her 8130. My question is, now that I loaded 4.5 on there, it brought her available memory down from like 30-35mb free, down to between 17-21mb free. I know that if it doesn't drop to 12 or below, there really isn't much to worry about, but I was wondering how come it took so much more memory! Is 4.5 that much larger? I downloaded quickpull so I've got her Pearl doing a nightly reset to keep the memory at it's peak, just wondering if anyone has any tips on what I can do to squeeze a little more memory out of this Pearl! I deleted all the different languages and everything else, so I've got the OS running fairly lean already... Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!
    08-16-09 11:48 AM
    Based on what you're saying, you've already used:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

If you've removed everything she doesn't use, you can install the latest release, which will give you more memory and faster browsing. The 4.5's are larger, because they offer more with them, such as the html email.
    08-17-09 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD