Hi, I have a blackberry pearl 8120, and seem to be gabing problems with memory. I am using the mini memory chip to store photos, music and so on, however I seem have full memory on the phone itself. I have my contacts stored on the phone, but apart from the standard applications, I have nothing else that I know of on the phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the memory is taken up, and how I can free some, as my phone gets really slow.

Thanks for any advice.
    05-12-08 06:46 AM
    Here, follow the suggestions given in these tips:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-logs-sms.html
    05-12-08 07:55 AM
    did you load music or take pics before you got the microsd card?
    05-12-08 07:57 AM
    did you load music or take pics before you got the microsd card?
    Not the thread starter here but I have a similar problem.

...yes I took pics/added music prior to getting the card. I hardly have any extras on my phone... one 1/4 length mp3 song used as a ringtone, about 10 pictures I took and that's it besides standard apps.

My text message records keep disappearing, I like to keep all of them for records. I'm assuming they are disappearing because I'm running out of memory so yesterday I bought a 2GB card. Today my text messages just disappeared again. Do I have to activate the card so some memory gets diverted there or something?
    05-12-08 08:13 AM
    Hokie... good assumption. There are thousands of similar posts here as yours.
    Yes, you need to read the tips in the link above, and do what is needed to increase the memory on your device.

Start with moving any pictures from the device memory to the SD card. The size of the card does not matter if you are still using the device memory to store junk.
    05-12-08 08:14 AM
    Hokie... good assumption. There are thousands of similar posts here as yours.
    Yes, you need to read the tips in the link above, and do what is needed to increase the memory on your device.

Start with moving any pictures from the device memory to the SD card. The size of the card does not matter if you are still using the device memory to store junk.

is there a way to automatically direct SMS texts and e-mails to store on the card?
    05-12-08 08:26 AM
    is there a way to automatically direct SMS texts and e-mails to store on the card?
    Nope, sorry.

Again, the tips link I gave you is quite well researched. I would suggest that you follow those first.
    05-12-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD