i have the blackberry pearl 8130 and i have the new 4.5 firmware version. but i have a serious memory leak going on. like ill pull the battery and i will have about 20...... free space but then in a couple of days ill be down to 14..... so i have to pull the battery every couple of days. how can i fix this? thanks
    09-18-08 05:09 PM
    09-18-08 05:16 PM
    yea i already did that i downloaded maxmem and took out all of the extra stuff. but i still have the memory leak
    09-18-08 06:55 PM
    Might be time to look at how you use your BB and what programs are on there.
    09-18-08 07:23 PM
    Might be time to look at how you use your BB and what programs are on there.
    I agree Sunkast. Are you closing out of applications properly by hitting the menu button(button left of trackball)scrolling down and selecting close? You could have a application running in the backround. People here on the boards can help if you list your apps, and if you have downloaded anything lately either...
    09-18-08 07:27 PM
    are you also clearing your browser cache and inboxes?
    09-18-08 07:29 PM
    I have to agree with the OP. I have 4.3 still (waiting on official carrier) and I still have memory leaks. I have minimal programs, I always close out via menu and not red button, always clear my browser when I am done with it and I still, STILL have to do a battery pull every few days to fix my file free. This is the same on hubby's bb and my little cousin's bb.

I was hoping 4.5 would fix my woes :S
    09-18-08 07:33 PM
    I had the same issue with 4.3 so I did the CrackBerry memory optimization and was fine. 4.5 for the Pearl is more stable, i have been running it for a few months now, so wait a little while longer. On the other hand, running a different carrier's OS is very easy and works just fine...
    09-18-08 07:39 PM
    i close the programs properly and i only have 4 third party programs. facebook, jivetalk, viigo, and vz navigator. and i still have problems. like i have gone through the forums and done every possible thing i have found.
    09-18-08 09:30 PM
    I've heard of viigo causing a lot of memory problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 09:40 PM
    I have 4.5 and at first I had no issues but then I had memory problems too...and I had already done all the memory optimization. Viigo was not the problem for me but docs2go was. Once I un installed, my memory is fine...
    09-19-08 02:02 AM
    i dont even have docs2go. rim needs to fix this its so annoying
    09-19-08 07:46 AM
    I've heard of viigo causing a lot of memory problems

The earlier versions definitley do. I am running the third version of Tango private beta and it is much better on memory, as this is one of the issues they are currently working on as stated in the e-mail they sent testers...
    09-19-08 08:07 AM
    I am running 4.5 on my 8130 & have only done one reset in the last there weeks it is much better than 4.3

09-19-08 11:37 AM
    ... i will have about 20...... free space but then in a couple of days ill be down to 14.....
    thanks
    I think you may be concerned about something that is quite normal and expected.

BlackBerry use memory during normal operations. 8-10 Mb is not unusual, you are using about 6 Mb.

In normal use, the memory is being recovered and it stays quite stable at that level.

The key setting is Device Reserved Memory. If you have set that to 5 Mb, the lowest setting available on v4.5xx, you have plenty in reserve.

Enjoy your BlackBerry, it should be running smoothly with none of the problems associated with low memory.
    09-19-08 12:26 PM
    WooHoo - I have finally able to free up memory. It went from 11 MB free space to 21.

Thanks ya'll.

~ VNDLEWIS

09-19-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD