Hi guys; is anyone else having this problem? Pearl boots up with around 7 megs of free memory in the Options/Status list, then gradually drains if it just sits around until there's no memory left, resulting in deleted messages. Battery pull frees up all memory and then whole thing repeats.

First, anyone know what the deal is?

Second, anyone know if I can get the same thing done (memory free up) without having to pull the battery?

Thanks all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 12:43 PM
    Use the search tool. You need to delete some useless things on your Berry's device memory. I run 24 free file now. Anytime you drop below 10 memory cleaner automatically kicks in and deletes call logs, SMS msgs, e-mails, sometimes right when you receive them.

06-04-08 01:03 PM
    Do you use any applications that will eat up memory? If you have a program that is still running in the background it can eat all of your memory.

What Os are you running on the pearl? Some OS's have worse memory leaks than others
    06-04-08 01:07 PM
    If you got the 8130 pearl, you need to pull the battery out with the device on every week or so. It is like a PC, needs a restart from time to time. Read up on your Berry.

06-04-08 01:08 PM
    Thanks all.. I've deleted a mess of old, useless items (sample video, blackberry messenger, stuff like that).. I do run WeatherEye to keep an eye on the weather (motorcycle), but other than that, not much going on.. Viigo.. Googletalk.. but nothing's logging, nothing's actively chatting.. activated the firewall and found out Mobipocket reader accesses stuff online for no apparent reason so I locked it down.. sounds like it's just a normal deal.. strange to see 7 megs of memory eaten up just idling..

06-04-08 01:16 PM
    So here's a quick update.. after locking down Mobipocket's internet connection through the firewall, I've had no memory problems.. still running the experiment, but can one program eat up that much memory?

06-05-08 11:08 AM
    I have had similar issues on my Curve if I don't shut down an Application properly. It was more of an issue of me not quitting them and just switching apps, but some GPS programs would kill my memory and battery without me knowing it.
    06-05-08 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD