Got a 4G memory card so now I want to know are downloads like ringtones,pictures etc now store on the card or still the BB untill its full and then on the card ?

Please advise

-Bruce
    08-05-08 10:25 PM
    Put as much as you can (all your music, photos, etc) on the card. I don't keep any media on my BB.
    08-05-08 10:27 PM
    Put as much as you can (all your music, photos, etc) on the card. I don't keep any media on my BB.
    but how do I determine how to send media to the card instead of the BB
    08-05-08 10:33 PM
    but how do I determine how to send media to the card instead of the BB
    when you plug your phone in, and start Desktop Manager, click the media manager... and it will open to the copy up and copy down screen...
    on the bottom half of the screen is your device info, and the top half is your PC info, and you can see to the left are the folders.
    on the bottom left you should see "My Device".. with a list of sub folders... ****on mine from what i can remember there should be an extra folder under those "my Device folders" that says blackberry if you have your micro SD in your phone.
    thats where i copy my media files too....
    NOTE* im at work and those directions are pretty rough im sorry ahhaha i dont have DM at work so im just going off what i can remember.

if you already have the media on your phone...click the media icon from your main menu... and it brings you to the media selection screen, then hit the menu button, then explore...then you will see folders called Media Card, and Device Memory if you have the media card inserted into your phone...now if you have your media (ie. music, pictures, videos)in your device memory, you can cut and paste onto your media card. if you cant cut and paste copy and paste, and then delete off of the device memory.... after your done, do a battery pull and you should be set!!

hope that helps! good luck!
    08-06-08 08:49 AM
    I think the OP is asking about when they download a ringer, wallpaper, etc from their device!

The Berry will automatically save the file to its respective folder on your microSD.
    08-06-08 09:02 AM
    Open up ur camera app like you're gonna take a pic but don't snap one...instead click BB key> options then go down to where it reads "store pictures" and make sure it says "media card" if it reads device memory, you need to change it.
    That's for pictures. I don't know about the other media.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD