I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 which is set to wirelessly sync with my work E-mail using a Blackberry Enterprise Server. However, I would like to be able to also rip CD's on my computer and then sync them to the Pearl and backup my applications. So I wanted to install the Blackberry Desktop Software on my home computer so that I could access the media manager and backup my applications. When I went to install it, I had to choose how I wanted to sync my E-mail; not syncing was not an option. I got nervous and aborted because I didn't want to disrupt my work E-mail access. I was later told by IT at work NOT to sync with the Blackberry Desktop Software because I would lose my wireless sync to the Enterprise Server at work.

The questions I have are: 1) is it safe to USB-sync my Pearl at all to my home computer, even without the Desktop Software, so I won't lose my wireless work E-mail, and 2) if so, are there media options out there that can bypass the Desktop Software to sync ripped CD's to the Pearl?

Any advice would be appreciated. I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to this whole issue. Thanks.
    08-19-08 08:03 PM
    I figured it out.

1. Insert media card into computer.
    2. Drag and drop tunes onto media card.
    3. Insert media card into Pearl.
    4. Play tunes.
    08-23-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD