I have a t-mobile 8100 and upgrade to .81 os and all seems well except with my media. If I try to look at any pics or myfavs icons in thumbnail view it crashes the phone and then it keeps rebooting until I do a battery pull.

Also I do not have the option to take video. I thought I would be able to after doing the upgrade.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob
    11-17-08 08:11 PM
    did you install the OS with your SD card in ?

if so, then re install with the SD card out.

and i am for sure that .81 does not support video.
    I don't think .99 does either. but idk.
    11-17-08 09:05 PM
    Thank you I will try that.
    11-18-08 01:13 PM
    You can also back up the files on your SD and then format the card since formatting will delete all its info. 8100 will not support to record a video no matter what the OS so far. I was hoping for that too but read before on blackberry.com that its not happening *sigh* you can watch you tube and receive them though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 07:51 PM
    I had the same problem with my card after upgrading the OS...all I did was format the card using the BB then add a gig or so...then I added a gig a little later, and so on and so on...

That was about two months ago and I've yet to have it freeze or reboot on me.

I'm not really sure but formating it with the BB seemed to make all the difference...
    11-20-08 09:10 AM
    You should try upgrading to the 4.5.0.108. I had media issues with .81 OS but since the .108 is out I upgraded and haven't had an issue since!
    11-20-08 09:58 AM
    did you install the OS with your SD card in ?

if so, then re install with the SD card out.

and i am for sure that .81 does not support video.
    I don't think .99 does either. but idk.
    I originally installed .81 with the SD card in and I just installed .99 last night with the SD card out and when I put the card back in and went to my media after a couple seconds it crashed my phone and went right into the on going cycle of turning off and on. What other things can I do to try actually be able to use my phone with the SD card installed again?
    11-21-08 10:45 AM
    Back up the card and then reformat it in your BB. And the 8100 will never take video. Hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD