I have a Lexar 8GB micro SD memory card in blackberry pearl flip 8230. When I plug in the USB to micro connection cord the phone does charge so it would appear that something in the computer and the phone are talking. However, the computer does ever identify that it is connected to anything. I am therefore unable to download music and/or other media to my phone which functions as a 8GB mp3 player.

When I connect my Pearl 8130 or Curve 8330 (using a different cable because the flip 8230 micro is smaller than the other two phones...) my computer immediately identifies that it is connected to my blackberry and I can copy files, music, etc.

The only difference I can see is... when I go to "Options" on the 8130 and 8330 my options list includes an item called "Media Card" which I select and set up... on the 8230 the "Options" list has an item called "Memory" which I select and then set up options as follows...

Media Card Support: ON
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: YES

Applcation Memory Free Space: 56.4mb

MediaCard
    Total Space 7.5 GB
    Free Space 7.5 GB

ANYONE have any suggestions on how to fix this?

COULD THERE BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY MEDIA CARD SINCE THE OPTIONS LIST DOES NOT ACTUALLY SAY "Media Card"? Is the phone not seeing a media card even though it asks for media card values when I select "Memory"? I have formatted the media card.

I get no error messages from my computer. [I run Linux-I have Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. and as I say the other phones function fine on my system]

Suggestions? Answers? even better.. SOLUTIONS?

Thanks

Lainey
    06-07-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD