So i just got a new memory card, a 2gb sanddisk and it just seems to not work. i put it in the slot and it connects fine to the phone but nothing shows up on my mac. i tried almost everything to get it to work and nothing seems to help. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
    08-17-08 02:01 PM
    Do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled?
    Status / Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive. Then you can drag and drop.
    08-17-08 02:07 PM
    I have everything set properly and still nothing, i'm starting to go a tad bit crazy.
    08-17-08 02:14 PM
    Try to get to another host machine and try the conection there.
    08-17-08 02:28 PM
    Did you format the card after it was installed in the BB? If not-
    Go to Options, Media Card, hit Menu, Format Card. (if you have media on the card, back it up first)
    08-17-08 02:30 PM
    so i tried that and everything went ok, so i then plug it into the computer and nothing happens, so i went into options and then media card and at the bottom of the screen it said " media card is not available because mass storage is in use". So i really don't know where to go from there any ideas?
    08-17-08 04:47 PM
    With the BlackBerry plugged into the computer, double-click on My Computer. You will see the Media Card as a drive. You can drag and drop to/from it. The message you are getting means you can't use Media Explorer while in Mass Storage Mode. That is normal.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot you have a mac. Do whatever you do on a Mac to read a device that's just been plugged in to the USB port. The drive should show up.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-17-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot you have a Mac
    08-17-08 04:53 PM
    My computer doesn't even read my bb but the weird thing is, is when i had my 64 mb card everything worked properly. So im really wondering what is going on. Should i should try and use a 1gb card instead of the 2 gb, maybe that would work.
    08-17-08 06:35 PM
    What OS version do you have? Check it against the table in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/ That will tell you if the 2GB card is compatible with your OS.
    08-17-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD