After I formatted the media card through the phone, it no longer shows up as a removable disk when I go to Computer...

Is there a way I can reset the media card through the phone? Or anything else I can do to fix this problem?
    08-15-08 12:24 PM
    Option-> Media Card

Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode: On
    Auto Enable When Connected: Yes
    08-15-08 12:29 PM
    I already have the settings at that..
    08-15-08 12:32 PM
    SD Cards have be known to disappear. Been there.

Reformat/error check card on your pc, put back in bb and and let it format the card again.

Hook up your usb and then have another look.

Hope this helps.
    08-15-08 12:37 PM
    What does formatting the media card DO?
    Because before I formatted the card, and had it on mass storage mode, it appeared as one of the removable disks.. And when I clicked on it, there was a folder in it- 'blackberry', which had folders inside it, like 'music' and 'pictures' and whatnot... However, when I formatted it, it all disappeared. So is formatting the media card really necessary?

Also, what am I supposed to do with the microSD to SD adapter...?
    08-15-08 12:41 PM
    Formatting, removes/erases/overwrites info on a storage device.

Formatting in the bb sets up the folder menu you saw that included Blackberry, Ringtones etc.

Seems like you lost it.

Ran into a problem where my bb wouldn't recognize my card. I used a sd adapter to format/error check my card on my pc.

I then returned the card to the bb and allowed it to format the card. Thus, setting up the sd card bb folders.
    08-15-08 12:55 PM
    That's weird. Why would those folders DISAPPEAR after formatting?

But earlier there was a post about the space showing up (that post disappeared though.. :C), and yeah, the total space and free space thing shows up..
    08-15-08 12:59 PM
    To add to all these problems, after all this media card business, the desktop manager never opens up completely... The window opens, but before any of the window's contents shows up, it stops responding...
    08-15-08 01:02 PM
    That's weird. Why would those folders DISAPPEAR after formatting?

But earlier there was a post about the space showing up (that post disappeared though.. :C), and yeah, the total space and free space thing shows up..
    Here's a dumb question. Just wondering?

When you formatted your card, was your bb plugged in via usb and did you format thru My Computer on your pc?
    08-15-08 01:02 PM
    Hmm...
    Well, I know I formatted it on the bb, and I think it was plugged via usb.. I'm not sure though. Because before I formatted it, it was working okay, and I had successfully transferred one file onto the bb.

Also, though I have it set to prompt whenever it is plugged in, it now no longer prompts me. Is that just further evidence that it "disappeared"?
    08-15-08 01:05 PM
    There is a possibility the card is toast.

I would retry formatting it on the pc and then again on the bb to see if that works though.

When you format it on your pc does the pc recognize it?
    08-15-08 01:10 PM
    D:
    I don't have an adapter, though. Or at least, I think there is one in the house, but I'm not sure where it is..
    Or is that what the microSD to SD adapter is for...?
    Or am I supposed to just format it on my PC through the bb?

GAH I'M SO CONFUSED.
    08-15-08 01:16 PM
    I've never formatted my bb's card thru my pc so I'm not sure if that would work.

The adapter allows you to plug your micro sd card into your pc either by usb or card reader depending on what you're using.
    08-15-08 01:20 PM
    D:
    I don't have an adapter, though. Or at least, I think there is one in the house, but I'm not sure where it is..
    Or is that what the microSD to SD adapter is for...?
    Or am I supposed to just format it on my PC through the bb?

GAH I'M SO CONFUSED.
    How old is your pc?
    Newer ones less than a year old, will generally recognize a high cap card. (4g +)
    Older, you need a usb adapter, $10 at radio shack or fry's.
    Format with fat32 on your pc, OR reformat in your phone with it disconnected from your pc.. That's where i'd start.
    GL
    08-15-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD